Does love last?

Elena's POV.

Wow was Stefan trying to cheat on me? That didn't sound like Stefan. I mean why would he do that. Am I being a bad girlfriend? All of these questions where racing through my head. I was worried that I was being a bad girlfriend. I can see Damon doing something like this, but not Stefan. I would show that girl that he was mine and that she couldn't have him. I was not going to lose him to some random girl. Someone that just got here.  I especially wasn’t going to lose him to an American. That was the last thing I would lose him to.

I went to my first period and saw Bonnie. She got up and came over to me. I guess she could see how I felt, because she asked;

"What did Stefan do?" She could read me like an open book. But then again, she could read Jeremy like one to. I guess we were just an easy to read family, or Bonnie was just amazing like that. Who knows?

"It wasn't him, well maybe it was. I think that he is cheating on me with the new girl." I said coming close to tears. She hugged me just as Stefan was coming around the corner. I now wish that we didn't have every single class together. People thought that we were lucky to have all of our classes together. Especially because we are dating. But now it was a living hell. Having to see him after that. I knew life was going to be hell. Even if we were still together.

"Hey Elena you walked off before I could introduce you to Lexis. She is really nice. She comes from America were they have this show that sounds amazing! It’s…." I just kept looking at the teacher. He was kind of cute. God I had feelings for Mr. Saltzman! Finally Stefan realized that I wasn’t listening, and he had stopped talking. I turned and looked at him. It was time to get the truth.

"Stefan are you cheating on me?" I asked. He told me if he was, he would tell me. I believed him. I was happy. But all of a sudden Damon showed up, and the room became darker. It was as if he had sucked all the light out of the room. He shot Stefan a look that looked like daggers.

“Great, that’s going to be a war.” I whispered to Bonnie.

She let a giggle out and then smiled at me. This was going to be an interesting day.