c h a p t e r s e v e n

Caraphernelia.

The lessons learned at your side will stay with me all my life. The man I hope to become, I know is deep down inside. I know, you don't even need to say, I know you're proud in your own way.

Neck Deep - Candour

m i k e y

"Fucking hell, Frank..." I sighed, seeing the boy sat in the corner of the room, his eyes wide open and staring blankly right back at me as I approached him, "Frank? You awake, mate?" I ask, the lack of response and moment and breathing scaring me to no end.

I pulled out my phone and dialled for the ambulance as I kneeled next to my half dead friend, feeling for his pulse and letting out a sigh of relief when I felt the steady thump, "911, what is your emergency?"

"Uh, my friend, I think he took something and well, he's not responding at all, he looks dead." I ran my hand through Frank's hair as I sat down beside him.

There was a moment of silence on the other end of the line, "Okay sir, just make sure his air way is clear. What is the address that you're at right now?" My mind went blank for a moment, stuttering out something incoherent before relaying Gerard's address to the woman on the other end, "Thank you, a ambulance has been dispatched and shall arrive soon."

I was scared for Frank's life, he could be dying from what he took and this time between the ambulance getting here and getting Frank to the hospital could make all the difference. Frank's life was in danger, I don't care if he can get into any sort of trouble for his drug taking, he was more important than that.

Gerard would hate me if I failed at saving Frank.

"We love you so much, Frank," I whispered, wrapping my arms around him and rocking back and forth, "Why did you think this was the right thing to do? Did you want to fucking die?" I bit down on my bottom lip harshly, feeling the tears well up. I cursed myself, hoping that Frank was going to be alright soon so I could beat the shit out of him.

Of course I wasn't that close to him. Gerard never really gave me a chance to get close to his boyfriend so I never really attempted to me any more than sort of friends with Frank. That did not mean I didn't give a shit about him, because of course I did, he made my brother happy and he was a great guy, anyone that actually knew him was lucky to have him as company.

Whilst I was holding Frank, he continuously made noises, slight grunts that indicated that he was still somewhat alive, but I never really took them as a good sign. The guy couldn't even talk, a grunt isn't going to make up for that! He wasn't able to move at all, I wasn't even sure if he was fully conscious. I mean, his eyes were open and he was making sounds, but for all I know, he could sleep with his eyes wide open and I wouldn't even know the difference.

The stare that his eyes held was off, something was wrong with him. He looked like he was tired, yet so afraid.

I wasn't much longer until there was a knock, someone on the other side announcing they were a member of the ambulance force. I didn't take anytime with rushing over to the door and swinging it open, pointing the two men and woman in Frank's direction with a shaky hand, following right behind them to watch over their work, to make sure they didn't hurt Frank.

The woman stood up and placed a hand on my shoulder, a soft smile of comfort given, "What is your name, sir?" She led me over to Frank and Gerard's sofa, sitting us down as I stared at my hands, the feeling of 'oh shit I've been here before' hitting me, "My name's Mikey Way. Is Frank okay?"

"Alright Mikey, can you tell me what happened? From start to beginning in your own time, alright?"

I nodded, watching the woman and just sat there, trying to calm my breathing down before I even attempted to talk, "I had been out with my friends from uni, our last lecture of the day over so we went to get some food, my brother called me when I was halfway through my food and told me to get over here because he thought something was up with Frank. Of course, at first I didn't believe him because he said he hadn't been talking to him, so I started questioning it,"