c h a p t e r o n e

Caraphernelia.

Am I more than you bargained for yet? I've been dying to tell you anything you want to hear 'cause that's just who I am this week.

Fall Out Boy - Sugar, We're Goin' Down

f r a n k

I continued scrolling through Twitter, snuggling closer to Gerard's sleeping form and sighed, finally happy and content with my life. Not that I hadn't been happy with myself and how I have been living for the last few months, but I guess I could say I was a lot happier now that I had Gerard officially living with me in my flat. Our flat. It wasn't just me roaming these empty rooms now, I had another life form with me that I would cherish twenty-four seven.

I had Gerard Way.

Yes, it might not be the best life to be living at the age of twenty-three, but I wouldn't want to live this life any other way if that entitled not having Gerard Way with me. We were by no means the perfect couple, we argued, we raged at each other and got jealous rather easy but that's what made us, us. And if I was asked to give it all up, I wouldn't ever let it go, because Gerard was mine.

I was interrupted in my thoughts as our cat, Freddie, jumped up onto the bed, climbing over Gerard and sat onto my side, his ears twitching when he heard his other owner groan a few seconds after he sat down. I scratched the pure black cat between his ears, running my hand down his back and stroking his tail before turning my head to eye Gerard's face laced with pain, "Cat paw to the ribs."

I laughed at my boyfriend as he buried his face into my side, a tuft of his soft, dyed red hair sticking up in all directions was the only thing I could see, that and his back that was covered by my oversized black shirt he had stolen from me to wear to bed last night, trying to distract me when I pointed it out by giving me loads of kisses and cuddles and nose bumps and cute giggles.

In the end, it had worked on me and he had gotten away with wearing my shirt for bed, but I guess it was a big win-win situation either way for me.

1. Gerard was paying loads of attention to me and kissing me and cuddling me.

2. I got to see the most attractive man stealing my clothes and walking around with it on. Looking better in my clothes than I did.

Either way, I would never want to live any other way.

I was lucky, I may not have the best clothes, the biggest apartment or the most money, but what little I did happen to have, it was enough to get me by happily. We both might have to light a few candles more often than not because we didn't have money to pay for electricity, or shower with cold water because we forgot to pay our gas bill, but it seemed to be better that way.

I thought of it all as a friendly reminder of what Gerard had lived with before he was brought into my house, yet it was so much better for me. I didn't have to suffer alone, I had a great boyfriend and two nosey cats that liked climbing on us, "Mornin', beautiful." Gerard mumbled, one hand holding onto his ribs and the other rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, a pout on his lips.

I laughed at how adorable he was, leaning down to place a kiss to his forehead and feeling his elbow digging into my ribs, "Good morning, gorgeous. How was your beauty sleep?" Gerard moved onto his side so we were face to face, his eyes still half closed as he placed a kiss on my nose, then let out a sigh, "Beautiful, until I got a paw in my ribs and was painfully awoken."

Gerard buried his face into my arm and wrapped his legs around mine, pulling me closer, "How long have you been awake and trying out for the role of Edward Cullen, then?" I laughed, kissing the top of his head and inhaled deeply, taking in his scent, "Not long, I was actually on Twitter, getting annoyed at the stupidity of people we know."