V

FIVE NODDED, "Great. Luther, you grab Vanya."

     Luther did as the teen said, before pausing, "Wait, should we be taking her? I mean, if she's the cause of the apocalypse, isn't that like taking a bomb with us?"

     "The apocalypse will always happen, and Vanya will always be the cause, unless we take her with us... and fix her," Five told the other Hargreeves as they gathered around.

     Carla, however, stayed rooted to the spot.

     She was the reason Vanya shot the moon.

     Maybe this was her punishment from the Universe. She had to pay for the extinction of humanity and be the only one to survive what she had caused.

     Carla wasn't a part of the Umbrella Academy, she wasn't one of them and never would be.

     "Carla," Klaus's voice snapped her out of her thoughts, "No overthinking."

     She looked at him helplessly.

     "No," he insisted, offering his hand, "I'm not leaving you behind, Firecracker."

     Carla hesitated, before she reached forward, taking his hand in hers. Then she looked to her right and saw Five, stretching out his hand for her to hold onto.

     She paused.

     Five looked at her, eyes pleading, before he exhaled, a word falling past his lips as a sigh, as a prayer, hushed and soft, meant for her ears only.

     "Please."

     Carla reached forward, intertwining their fingers and nodding at him.

     A swirling blue mass of energy formed above their heads, a wind picking up and beginning to blow Carla's hair about her face.

     "It's working!" Luther called.

     Carla's heart was racing hard and fast against her ribcage as she looked at the Hargreeves siblings around her.

     Five's face was contorted with pain and concentration, "Hold tight! This could get messy!"

     Only then did Carla consider how risky going back in time could be.

     She could either mentally age backwards, or physically age backwards.

     She could turn into a toddler.

     Or so much so until she didn't exist.

     Her eyes widened, "Shit!"

     But then there was a flash of blue light and they were gone.