I

CARLA DIDN'T KNOW WHY SHE WAS HERE. It was yet another family meeting that she had been dragged along to by Klaus.

     "Three days?" Allison asked, as she handed Luther a shop-bought cup of coffee. She had bought five cups, for each of them, and Carla had been touched by the gesture, that Allison had thought of her too.

     Carla's coffee was growing lukewarm, not as hot as she'd like, so she yanked off a glove, heating the cup with her hand. She was sat on the sofa, her legs sprawled out on Klaus's lap, as he rested his arms on her shins.

     Carla could tell he was upset, and she was positive his hands were shaking but she couldn't be sure. She put two painkillers in her mouth, using the coffee to wash them down and she let out a quiet hiss.

     "That's what Five said," Luther said, and Carla nodded.

     "The old bastard did mention the apocalypse, come to think of it," Klaus muttered, "He just left out the part of how soon."

     "But can we trust him?" Allison asked, "I don't know if you've noticed, but Five's a little..." she twirled a finger by her temple, whistling.

     "Of course we can trust him," Carla said, frowning slightly, feeling oddly defensive.

     Klaus smiled sweetly, "Our little psycho."

     "It's pretty convincing," Luther confessed, "And if he wasn't trying to stop an apocalypse from happening, those two lunatics wouldn't be chasing him."

     "Is that why they were after him?" Diego asked, his arm in a sling.

     Luther nodded, "Yeah."

     "What did he see?" Allison asked, and Luther and Carla exchanged a look, them being the only ones who knew the fate of what happened... or rather what was to happen.

     "Uhh..." they said in unison, unsure how to put across what Five told them.

     Carla looked at Luther, "Y'know, I think I'll let monkey-man answer this one."

     Luther shot her a glare, before sighing and looking at his drink.

     "Apparently, we all fought together against whoever was responsible," Luther said slowly, before standing up quickly, "Okay, here's the plan. Uh, we go through Dad's-"

     Klaus, Diego and Allison all started protesting, and Carla took a long sip of her coffee, eyes fluttering shut. This was a mess.

     "What actually happened the first time around?" Klaus said, seemingly forgetting that Five had already told them on the steps outside Meritech.

     "Yeah," Diego said, looking form Luther to Carla, "What are you guys not telling us?"

     Luther looked from face to face, clearly struggling to get the words out, before muttering a hasty, "We died," and taking a gulp of his coffee.

     "Uh, what was that?" Allison asked, craning her neck, although Carla knew she had heard perfectly fine.

     "I said, uh, we died," Luther repeated, louder this time, and there was a long silence, broken only by the sound of Carla taking another long sip of her drink. Luther's eyes snapped to her, "Apart from her."

     All heads turned towards Carla, who lowered her coffee cup from her mouth, offering the others an overly wide grin.

     Instantly, chaos broke out, the three other adults all demanding questions, going to gather around Luther.