II

THE THREE WERE CERTAINLY A SIGHT TO BEHOLD. Two teens dressed in a school uniform alongside a lanky adult with an old suit and hair that clearly hadn't been brushed that morning.

     They were led to the Doctor's office at Meritech, and Carla couldn't help but feel slightly excited, as well as apprehensive.

     "Oh," the man dressed in a white lab coat said upon their entry, his eyes landing on Five, "It's you again."

     Five offered one of his signature fake grins, "Hello, Sir. Please, meet my sister Charlotte,"

     "Hi," Carla smiled, and she saw the man look her over once, eyes resting on her bright pink washing up gloves.

     Five continued, "And this is my father-"

     Klaus took a step forward, "Sven. My name is Sven Drier."

     "I- uh- nice to meet you, Mr Drier," the man (Lance, as printed on his name tag) said, hesitantly shaking Klaus's outstretched hand, "Please, the three of you, take a seat."

     They did just that, sitting down in the three chairs provided. Carla clasped her hands, smiling toothily up at Lance, who swallowed thickly.

     "I think you know why we're here, kind Sir," Klaus said, acting overly gracious.

     "Is it on the same topic that your son came to visit us about?" he asked, slightly uneasy.

     Klaus grinned, "Why, yes! Yes, it is!"

     Lance sighed, "Like I said to your son earlier, any information about the prosthetics we build is strictly confidential. Without the client's consent, I simply can't help."

     Clearly already sick of acting civil for the minute and a half he tried to, Five stood up, resting his hands on the desk, snarling out, "Well we can't get consent if you don't give us a name."

     "Well, it's not my problem," Lance looked calm, too calm, and Carla glanced at Klaus, who shot her a wink, "I'm sorry, but there's really nothing more I can do, so-"

     "Well, what about my consent?" Klaus interrupted, still sitting down, thumbs twiddling in his lap, the nails painted black. 

     Lance looked taken aback, "Excuse me?"

     "Who gave you permission to lay your hands," Klaus took a shaky breath, pretending to be overcome with emotion, "on my son?"

     "What ?" Five and Lance said, although Carla just grinned. She had seen Klaus bullshit his way out of situations too many times, and she knew what was coming next.

     "You heard me," Klaus said tearfully.

     Lance shook his head, "I didn't touch your son."

     Klaus sat forward in his seat, "Oh really? Well, how did he get that swollen lip then?"

     "He doesn't have a swollen lip-"

     Lance was cut off by Klaus getting to his feet and promptly punching Five in the face. Carla let out a hiss of sympathetic pain, eyebrows shooting up towards her hairline, a grin working its way onto her face.

     "I want it. Name, please, now," Klaus snarled, resting his hands on the desk and leering over Lance. Five turned around to face Klaus, betrayal on his face, and Carla just tugged up the ends of her gloves, preparing herself.

     Lance raised a shaky finger, "You're crazy!"

     Carla abruptly stood up, before falling to the floor dramatically with an exaggerated cry of pain. She messed up her hair so it looked like she had put up a fight, and she ripped a part off the bottom of her skirt.