Chapter 21

Chapter 21: Waking up to find trouble

Autumn

Blinking my eyes open is harder then it should be. The lights in the room are to bright and my eyelids are to heavy. Stretching, I find that I am also to stiff.

After a few minutes of trying to wake myself up, I remember everything that has happened. I am a werewolf. My parents are also werewolves, and I am apart of some proficy.

I look around the room and see Kendrick sleeping in a chair next to our bed. I wonder how I got back to the pack house? He looks uncomfortable in the chair, I think I'll wake him up.

"Kendrick, wake up." I croak out. My throat is dry and Burns when I speak. I touch his head with my hand, playing with his hair. He jerks awake suddenly, looking around the room for danger. When he sees none, he focuses on me and smiles.

"Thank the moon goddess that you're okay!" He hugs me and kisses my temple.

"How long have I been out?"

"Around 3 days, Autumn you have no idea how worried I was."

That's when I take in his appearance. He has the same clothes on that he had when he followed me to my parents and he also has a shadow growing on his face. His hair is a mess and he looks down right tired, if possible Skinner to.

"You look terrible!" I stated and then continued "Have you been like this the whole time I was out?"

He looked down at his hands guilty.

"Yes" he mumbled, I wouldn't have heard it if I didn't have my new and approved hearing.

"You need to eat now, I'm fine I promise, just Please go eat!" I was begging him at this point because in all honesty he did look bad if not worse. "I will eat when you eat and after the pack doctor looks at you now that you're awake."

Signing I nodded my head. I wasn't going to argue over this, I wouldn't win anyways. He has gone into alpha protective mode. Just thinking about that, I wonder slightly how protective he will be when I tell him that I'm pregnant.

Kendrick walks out of the room for a minimum of 5 minutes and then walks back in with the doctor, after a 10 minute look over. The doctor left saying that I was fine, but I needed to rest for a few day. Great. Can't you detect my sarcasm?

I need to tell Kendrick soon about my pregnancy, but I want a cute way to do it. I don't just want to flat out tell him. I'm going to need help with this. Ill ask Sophie and Tris.

"Baby, I have to go do a patrol, but ill be back in an hour, two hours tops, will you be okay?"

This will be perfect time to talk to Sophie. "Um, Yes actually ill be fine, can you just have Sophie come up here and keep me company?" I begged.

"Autumn, you know you should stay in bed and rest! That's what the doctor said!" He argued looking slightly concerned and angry.

"Please!" I whispered making my eyes big and start to water.

He looked at me for a while and sighed. "Fine."

"Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!" I laughed and kissed him, but pulling back before he could deepen the kiss. He groaned, then nodded and left. Shortly after he left, Sophie walked in and sat on the bed.

"Soph, I have to tell you something  but if I tell you, then you cant tell Kendrick or anyone."

She nodded and I continued. "I'm pregnant and I haven't told Kendrick yet, but I want to tell him in a cute way and I need your help."

Her eyes bugged out of her head and she squealed. She tackled me from where I was sitting and we landed on the floor with a thud.

"Oh my gosh! Autumn this is amazing news! Yes I will help you come with a super duper cute idea. Come on let's start brain storming now!"

So thats what we did all night until Kendrick came home from patrol. We couldn't stop smiling and he looked at us like we were crazy. We had decided that I should tell him tomorrow night and to be honest I was nervous. What if he didn't want our baby? What if he made me get rid of it? I wouldn't get rid of my baby!

"What is your problem Sophie. You look constipated! Seriously that smile is creeping me out!" Kendrick said stepping 3 steps away from Sophie.

If looks could kill, Kendrick would be dead. Sophie's stare was slightly scary, I wanted to hide and the glare wasnt even directed my way. Poor Kendrick.

"Come on Kendrick, let's go to bed before Sophie actually kills you and before you get in anymore trouble."

Kendrick picked me up bridal style and ran up the stairs taking them 2 at a time. I had a feeling we would be doing more then sleeping tonight.

Kendrick

I had left Autumn with Sophie after she had just woke up and man did that make me feel like the worst mate ever. She had just woke up and I left her. I'm a piece of shit mate.

When I left though she looked a little eager to have me leave. I'm not going to lie that it hurt like a bitch. Oh gosh I sound like a girl. I've noticed that Autumn has smelt different theses past few weeks. It's not a bad smell, it just smells different.

I met Max at the border line to start our patrol. I always hated to do patrols. They were so boring, the only fun thing about patrol, was that I got to run in wolf form.

Halfway through our run, I caught the sent of rogues. Damn, how did they get onto my territory. I growled and took off Running faster then I was going. I followed the sent about a mile from where we were running. There was a message written in the dirt and in blood.

Watch your mate closely Alpha Kendrick. I want her, and what I want I get. Let this be a warning.

I was fuming with rage. I growled loudly and the sound made the ground shake. Max whined and bowed his head showing his kneck.

We shifted into our human form and Max was shaking violently. He looked ready to kill, his protective instincts for his Luna were coming out. I felt pride in that moment.

"Alpha, what are we going to do?" What are we going to do? That's a good question.

"First off, we aren't going to tell Autumn. You aren't going to tell anyone that will tell Autumn, and that means you can't tell your mate."

He growled lowly. "You may feel okay lying to your mate, but I won't lie to mine."

I growled loudly not liking how he was talking to me. "YOU WILL NOT TELL SOPHIE. I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU TELL HER, BUT IT WILL NOT BE THE TRUTH! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"

He flinched and bowed his head again. "Yes Alpha, I understand!"

"Good, now let's head back to the pack house." We took a running start and shifted into our wolves, landing gracefully. It took about 15 minutes to reach the house and to shift and change into some sweat pants.

I walked into the house to be greeted by that weird smell again. What is that smell? I saw Sophie and Autumn coming down the stairs. Sophie was smiling widely it looked almost creepy. I took a few steps away from her.

"What is your problem Sophie? You look constipated! Seriously, that smile is creeping me out." If looks could kill I'd be dead. Sophie's glare was like daggers to the heart. To sum up the look she gave me, it was intimidating. Feeling how uncomfortable I was Autumn stepped in and saved me.

"Come on Kendrick, let's go to bed before Sophie actually kills you and before you get into any more trouble." I picked her up bridal style and ran up the stairs taking the 2 at a time. I knew what I was in the mind for and it wasn't sleep.