Chapter 11

Chapter 11: The white lights

Autumn

All I remember was blacking out after the attack. I remember how hard it was to breathe. The thing I remember the most though, was the last breath that I took. It wasnt painful, but more relief. There was no more pain and I was being lifted away. I guess you could call me crazy, but I actually saw my body. I was looking down on it, while I was rising higher and higher into the sky. There were doctors trying to save me and in a way I guess I did want to, but I also didn't. I had read so much and heard so many good things about heaven that I wanted to go there.

I started to travel through a long white tunnel. It was pretty and breathtaking. After a while, I was greeted by two large gates and a bright white light. it was growing until it formed into an angel.
"Hello Autumn, you have met death today. You are young and today is not your time to die, but I will give you the choice to stay here or go back and be with the people that love and care for you. Remember though, if you choose to stay, then from that point on you can not walk the face of earth again. Before you choose, I want you to see this."

He then proceeded to show me all the people that new I had left. He showed me Sophie sobbing uncontrollably and Max looking as though He wanted to cry, but had to be strong for Sophie. Dylan sitting in the corner crying and lastly he showed me Kendrick laying in a meadow. He didn't look sad, but I realized He had a tear soaked face. He was upset? He loved me? Do I love him? Do I even want to go back?

I thought long and hard and I had decided on my answer.
"Angel, after seeing everything that you have showed me I have made my choice, I want to go back. I can't leave things like this, I have to tell everyone I love them. I have to tell Kendrick that I love them." I said having tears running down my face, only they weren't tears of sadness, they were tears of joy.
"Then I shall send you back to your body, you made the right decision Autumn. Goodbye!"

The next thing I remember is waking up gasping for air. I looked around fanatically and tried to get up, but I was met with a sharp pain in my neck.

The nurses and doctors looked surprised, but quickly composed theirself. They tended to me and one of the nurses left the room. Probably to tell the guys that I was okay.
"I want to see Sophie, Max, and Dylan!" I shouted trying to get free, but the doctor and nurses were determined to not let me move. "You can see your friends in a little bit, but please be still, we have to get you stable." The nurse said while still trying to get me to hold still. I finally stopped struggling and did as I was told.

What seemed like a million hours later, my friends were finally allowed to see me. They looked so surprised, but they all hugged me. "Guys can you get a hold of Kendrick? I need to tell him something important."
"Yeah hold on I'll mind link him, he'll be here shortly, I promise, and he'll be so relieved." Dylan told me smiling cheekly. Relief washed over me and then I was suddenly tired. I closed my eyes and fell asleep with the biggest smile on my face. Everything is going to be alright.