Chapter Nine: Stories

• Dedicated to Meghan, my love

My Best Friend's Best Friend

Chapter Nine: Stories

•.•.• Zayn •.•.•

I was sitting next to her on the couch with my arm around her trying to get her sobs to let up. She had been crying for about 20 minutes, ever since Louis has been gone. I don't know where he went, must've been important because I know he wouldn't leave Collins in a state like this if he had to.

Just then, Louis burst through the door dragging a bloody-faced Harry by the arm. Haz was a right mess, with blood over his mouth and down his face, in his hands. He must've run into something or gotten hit. I decided on the latter because Lou looked pretty cheesed off about something as well. Niall came right out with it.

"Lou, did you punch him?"

Louis just shrugged like it was nothing, and then nodded. Harry stood there, staring at the shaking, crying ball of person under my arm that was Collins. He had a warm look in his eye that was soft and caring.

"Harry, why don't you go clean up and shower?" I said kindly. I wasn't going to be mean because I didn't really know the whole story. He nodded at me and started to make his way upstairs. Louis walked over and planted himself on the couch next to Collins. His look softened as Harry's had when they saw her crying figure. She hadn't looked up at either of them when they walked in, although when she heard the door I could feel her shaking with more tears.

It was sad to see her like this, because she didn't do anything wrong. Just fell in love, by the looks of it. It was really easy to see how much she cared for Harry, especially when he was with someone else. In all honesty, I didn't know why she fell for him. For the past week or so, he had kind of been avoiding her. She stayed with Louis or me most of the time. I could tell Haz was jealous when she was with us because he was always in a mood and never talked to us. He just needed his story straight.

"Louis, what did you do?" Liam asked breaking the barrier of silence in the room.

"Well, I found him in the park still snogging Bethany. It was really annoying how they were practically eating each other's heads off. He had already made Collins sad enough so I pulled him away from Beth."

"And he somehow got a bloody nose from magic?"

"No, I did punch him. Right after they stopped kissing. He was mad but I didn't tell him any of the story. Just that Collins came back crying. By the way.." He trailed off, looking at her. He tapped her gently on the shoulder. She sat upright unwillingly. her eyes still bloodshot, her face still flushed.

"I'm assuming you would like me to explain?" She spoke slowly with a groggy voice.

"Please. Then he will know what happened and how you feel about the whole situation." He asked her quickly.

•.•.• Collins •.•.•

Harry walked back down from the second floor. He came out from the hallway. My vision being a bit blurry, I wiped the tears from my eyes. He had showered and his face was now clean, although his nose was bruising a bit already. He was in a simple Ramones t-shirt and a pair of rolled up sweatpants.

He sat down on the love seat by himself as I figured out what I was going to say for my story. I didn't say anything for a minute or two then Liam spoke up.

"We'll just let you alone for a while so you can talk it out. Come on, boys." He took Louis and Niall with him. Zayn gave me an encouraging look before removing his arm from my shoulders and leaving with the others.

"Look, Collins. I just want to know what happened and what I did."

I took a deep breath, keeping my voice calm. "Listen, Harry. I really like you. When you said you were going to meet your ex, I did get jealous. Very jealous, actually. After you left and the film ended, I decided to go for a walk in the park because that's where I like to think." I paused and took a deep breath again. Harry was listening and hadn't interrupted or looked at his phone or anything. He was a pretty good listener.

I continued with my pathetic story. "Well, when Louis and I were little, you know. We used to go to a park in Doncaster all the time and we had a special rock. There's a rock just like it at this park and it reminds me of childhood. Well, I was going to sit on the bench right next to it but it happened to be occupied by none other than the famous Harry Styles snogging his ex-girlfriend." Trying to control my temper before I got angry, I took more breaths. He hadn't been phased by anything just yet. I wondered what was going through his mind. After a minute or so of silence, he spoke.

"Collins, I do like you. The only reason I went out with her was because I needed a fallback girl; I was so jealous of you being with Liam and Louis and Zayn all of the time. I never meant to hurt you. But you flirting with the lads all the time has really gotten to me. Please, stop playing games."

One last deep breath and a sigh. "Harry, I love you. Okay? I have fallen for you throughout the past couple weeks and I'm sorry."

Then he said something I would have never expected. "I love you, too. But we both know Louis is going to get in the way of us. He's already gotten in between." I nodded my head before he continued to say what would be the most life changing statement in my entire life. "Let's run away."

•••••••••••

PLEASE READ THIS.

Author's note.

Mk so my best friend Meg is going to write a fanfic that I will post on this account. the prologue is up so please please please go read it. I help her out a bit with the plot and what does what but the story is written all by her. She is an amazing author so please so check it out. It's called "Rebels" and it's a harry fanfic. and I know you'll love it.

fan, comment, vote, read "Rebels" prologue

much love xxxx

allie x