Chapter Fourteen: Decisions

My Best Friend's Best Friend

Chapter Fourteen: Decisions

"I wanna go back. Please. I just want to wake up. Please tell me I have a choice, Brooke." All I wanted to do was go back to the hospital, wake up with Louis leaning over me. I was begging my cousin to let me live longer, to say that I can choose whether I live or stay dead.

Brooke chuckled a bit, softly. "Yes, Collins. If you want to go, I have no power to stop you." She smiled sweetly at me.

"Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you." I rushed up and hugged her as this might be the last time in a while that I can talk and interact with her. "I love you so much. I'm going to miss you." I started crying, letting sobs escape my lips. They weren't all sad, I knew that as a fact. I was crying because I was leaving my dead cousin, but also because of Louis. I was so happy because of him and I wasn't really sure why. "Brooke. How do I get back?"

She took my hand and led me out of the room. When we were through the door, all the other doors and walls were gone. All that remained in the place was a bed. It didn't look at all comfy to me, either. "Lay down."

"But I want to go home."

"I know, but I said to lay down."

I did as she said, and she positioned the pillow under my head and the covers over my body. I immediately felt drowsiness overcome my emotions and could soon feel my eyes slipping closed and my limbs become limp.

As I fell asleep in the unknown place I was, I heard my cousin faintly say one last thing to me. "Good luck, Collins. Know that I'm always watching out for you." She kissed my forehead as my mind journeyed into the thoughtless world of sleep.

•.•.•.•

"Why is she dying? Why does she have to leave? Doesn't she know that there are so many people that love her? Collins, please wake up. Please, please, please." I felt warm tears on my arm. Firm hands were grasped around my own, and a head was lain on my arm. I opened my eyes groggily.

Lazily, I shifted over on the bed so I could face my best friend. His blue eyes met mine in a state of shock. It wore away and I could see the absolute joy of my waking up written all over his face. A smile creeped upon my face as well. Before I knew it, Louis' arms were around me in the biggest hug he could muster.

"You finally woke up. I've been waiting forever."

"How long have I been asleep?" I was positive that I had only been with Brooke for less than ten minutes. Even if the time was different, I couldn't have been asleep for days.

"Well, maybe 12 hours..." His sentence faded out and I started giggling. "It's not funny, I was worried!" My laughter died down until it was silent between us. Louis didn't know where to look so his gaze darted around the hospital room.

"Louis. Look at me." His eyes met mine. His were still bloodshot from his hours of crying but to me, he looked perfect. "Louis, I love you."

•.•.•.•.•.•.•

shorter chapter kind of and nothing really happens but I'll get another one up soon. sorry this one took so long. how bout I make a goal.

2 votes and 2 comments for chapter fifteen.

until then bye my lovelies.

don't forget to vote and comment

allie x