Chapter 10.2: Pride and Privacy

My pride got the better of me.

Sabin and Sakima walked down the hall in silence. Sabin need to presentable and Sakima had the honor of escorting him to the bathing room.

"Why would the king call on me?" Sabin asked.

"That's not my place to tell," Sakima said.

He still need Sakima's help and he need to break the ice between the two of them.

Apologize for punching him.

"I'm not going to apologize for punching you in the face. You deserved it."

Great job, Sabin!

"A lucky punch," Sakima said, though his tone betrayed his annoyance.

This is going nowhere.

They arrived to their destination, a room with a pool of clear water depressed in the floor. Three attractive women stood in front of the pool in sheer robes. They wore nothing underneath.

Sabin's face reddened.

"This is where you'll be attended," Sakima said.

Sabin turned on Sakima. "I'll be fine on my own." He took another look at the women, and then back to the prince. "I don't have a need for... help."

Sakima gave him a genuine smile. "You are my guest, and you will be treated accordingly. I'll see you at dinner." He slapped Sabin on the shoulder, hard, then turned on his heels and walked away.

Sabin stood just outside the door as the women waved him in.

Think of Kaita, think of Kaita...

"Please come in My Lord."

Sabin took a deep breath and stepped inside.

One of the women, tall and lithe with a beauty mark on her right cheek, walked forward and grabbed the drawstring of Sabin's pants.

Sabin jumped back and hit the wall like a caged animal.

The lady bowed low and averted her gaze. "My apologies, Lord. It was not my desire to offend. You prefer another?"

The short, ample one approached.

"I'm not a lord," Sabin said. "And I am capable of bathing myself."

Ample spoke up. "Lord or not, we must follow the Hidenka's command to treat you as his guest. Remove your clothes."

His eyes fell on her chest as she spoke. She was pretty and her curves were quite full.

He realized he was staring and snapped his head up. He focused on the hazel eyes of the third handmaiden.

Sabin held up his hand. "Close your eyes." His pitch betrayed him.

They closed their eyes and he grew confident. He squeezed through the trio and walked towards the pool.

I am filthy.

"I will undress and bathe myself," Sabin commanded again, this time successfully steeling his voice.

Silence.

Taking that as an affirmation, Sabin undressed. He tossed his ripped tunic to the floor, then dropped his leggings and undergarments.

He braced himself for the cold water and was surprised to find it warm and soothing. As he walked further in he noticed just how deep it was, with the water coming up to his chest. He closed his eyes, enjoying the temperature and letting himself relax.