Chapter 1

"Heather!" My step mom shrieked, once again making me cringe from her high squeaky annoying voice. "Get, up you're going to be late!" I groaned and turned on my side. I heard my door open and threw a pillow in the direction of whoever was standing there, "Well, that wasn't very nice," I heard my dad's voice say. I jolted right up and tackled him into a huge bearhug, "Honey, it has only been three months." My dad went on a business trip leaving me hear with the step-mother. It is not that Lilly isn't nice, it is just she isn't mom, and she tries way too hard to get me to like her. It is like she can't live with herself knowing that one person in the whole world doesn't like her.

I pulled out of the hug, and said, "Three days without seeing you is too long for me," I told him, I wasn't a suck up, I didn't get my way, but it has been just me and my dad since I was 8 when mom died in a car crash due to a drunk driver. My dad was basically my best friend, so when Lilly came into the picture, I wasn't too happy, because she stole him from me.

I shooed him out the door so I could get dressed, I decided to wear my dark purple shirt with the black heart on it, my dark blue skinny jeans, and my red converse. I put on my usual makeup, heavy eyeliner, followed by heavy mascara, and a deep blood red lipstick. I walked downstairs to see Lilly hanging all over my dad, I scoffed grabbed my backpack, my keys, and my coffee and headed out the door. My KIA wouldn't start so I called my bestest friend in the whole wide world, Travis. (He's gay)

"Sorry, your car wouldn't start Lori," Lori was my middle name, and that was what I went by. "It's fine," I told him giving him my best fake smile. "Girl, I know when you lying, so get your act together and tell me what is wrong." "It is Lilly she is stealing him away again." "Lori, you have the nicest stepmom in the history of stepmom's!" Travis exaggerated throwing his hands up, he quickly put them back on the steering wheel as his Nissan began to swerve. I laughed because he was so over dramatic sometimes.

We pulled into his reserved parking spot right as the late bell rang, God, he drove slower than my 92 year old grandmother!

Travis and I ran into the classroom, "You two have DH, take your seats, please," I groaned and sat down in my seat that was directly behind Travis's seat. He turned and said, "Sorry," I just shook my head and answered, "It's not your fault."

"Don't talk!" Mrs. Harling shouted at me, my ears ringing from her loud shrill voice. I grabbed my books at the end of class and walked out talking to Travis, when Cameron walked up, "Hey," "What do you want?" I asked honestly shocked that he was talking to me. "Do you want to go on a date?" "Sure, when," "Right now, my car is parked right in front of the school." "As long as you get me back before 5th, I have a science test." He smiled at me, "Come on."

I followed him out to his car and he opened the door for me. Travis grabbed Cameron by the shoulders and shook him, "If you hurt her, I swear..." Cameron cut him off, "I'll take care of her." "You better," Travis warned then skipped off whistling wizard of oz. I laughed at the weird look on Cameron's face. "He's gay, isn't he?"

"How could you tell?"

"Oh, so he is?"

"Naw," I said sarcastically. He smiled and rolled his eyes starting up the car. He took me to the park, and opened the door for me. "You look cute today," He told me. I smiled and he gestured for us to walk down the trail. We walked side by side for a few minutes until he stopped dead looking me in the eye then screamed, "Now!" I was pelted by balloons, filled with either ketchup or fake blood. Cameron stood there laughing and I just glared at him. I stomped down the trail, grabbed my house key from my pocket and raked it in a big sloppy circle around his car.

He was walking down the path just as I finished keying his car. I gave him the finger then yelled, "Kiss my a$$!" He just stared at the key in my bloody hand and then started to run at me. I turned and sprinted off towards the gate, I didn't make it. He came up beside me and his fist connected with my jaw.