Chapter Five.

Chapter five.

Isn't it strange how one second your mind is drowned in thoughts then the next it's as deserted as the Sahara? Well that's how it is for me at the moment. It's like my life is a one way car journey but I don’t get to drive, oh no I have to ride shotgun and take whatever the driver and the road throws my way. It bothered me a lot, how limited my choices were. I mean sure I didn't have parents and I've been living on my own for a while but this world goes round so long as every person does their job, and so here I was trapped in Ethan Wood's mansion.

There was one thought however, that lingered in the back of my mind like death at a cemetery. Alexander Sharp, he managed to conquer a part of my mind just by bumping into me twice. Stacey too was a part of the equation, her last name was Sharp, but I can't be sure of the connection between her and Alexander, if there even was one. Maybe it was a strange coincidence!

Finally getting tired of lazing around my room staring at the ceiling, I heaved myself off of the bed and headed for the bathroom.

After a long, cold shower I was ready to go explore. Ethan mentioned something about new clothes yesterday and maybe I'd be getting them today. If I said I wasn’t a tad bit excited then I'd be surely lying, I mean I've never gotten new clothes before mine were always already old and used by the time I got them.

The reflection in the full length mirror by my bed caught my attention as I was making my way out of the room. My exceedingly long red hair flowing a lot healthier now that I was introduced to shampoo and conditioner, it was an upgrade from my usual soap bar. The paleness of my face was something that really stood out; I mean I was almost translucent! I took a second to admire my white straight teeth, full pink lips and my green eyes. Sure I wasn’t beautifully extraordinary but I had a few acceptable features for a thirteen year old. 

"Morning sunshine!" Beamed Stacey as soon as I walked into the kitchen in hopes of getting breakfast.

"Hello Stacey." I replied solemnly as I found myself yet again sitting on one of the stools in front of the grey marble counter.

"How'd you sleep?" Voiced Marie from the stove, "It's almost noon!"

 "Oh I apologize, I lost track of time in my room." I wasn’t interested in replying really, they were keeping a lot of things from me as well.

"Oh okay…" Stacey's smile faltered, "Were going shopping for clothes today honey so eat up and well go right after."

"Thank you" I honestly couldn’t disrespect them, sure I was still confused but it's only what, my third day here?

Half way through my perfectly prepared chicken salad, Ethan walked into the kitchen taking a seat near me.

"I take it Stacey told you about shopping today?" He spoke sternly.

"Yes, indeed she did, that is if you don’t mind of course"

He took a sharp intake of breath and relaxed his clenched, tense fists. Which proved my new theory correct; Ethan Woods was a sensitive man! How ironic.

"Yes it is okay with me" His voice a tad bit softer.

"Who's Christina Woods?" It slipped off my tongue before I could stop it and just then I knew I was in trouble.

"How'd you know about her? Were you snooping?!"

He was getting exceptionally mad, his voice booming loudly and his eyes almost going black, and I admit getting a little shaken up, my mouth refused to move so I just shook my head. My eyes felt a little wet which felt strange, it never happened before. He must've noticed the fear in my eyes hence he shut his eyes tightly and breathed through his nose in attempt to calm down.