Chapter Twelve.

Chapter Twelve.

"Cassandra fucking Roqua!" a voice roared rudely waking me up from my slumber.

A smirk crept its way up my face; I knew very well who that voice belonged to and the reason behind his anger.

"You killed another gang leader?" Ethan's face invaded my vision, his eyes absolutely livid.

"There was a reason behind my actions, my dear Ethan."

"What? Starting a gang war?" his forehead creased.

His eyes met mine, and the amount of rage his grey eyes conveyed didn't strike me as new, I was used to that look. When I was weak it scared me, when I was young it terrified me, now? It just worries me.

Xixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixi

It was my fourteenth birthday, it wasn't like I was expecting anything but what I got was beyond my imagination.

I wasn't awoken with a birthday cake and breakfast in bed like most of the kids my age, instead I was yanked awake by my hair and dropped on the ground.

"Wake up you bitch, all you're doing is burning daylight." Nathaniel's voice welcomed me into consciousness.

He didn't wait for a reply, instead he dragged my limb being into the gym, I was already battered after he let some of his friends use me as a punching bag yesterday.

I stood in the boxing ring, its ground stained with my blood, scratched with my cries of help, tainted with my tears.

He smirked and made his way over to where I was standing, he was the lion and I was the deer, I was fast but he was faster, I was strong but he was smarter. He was the predator and I was the prey.

He was standing in front of me and I didn't notice the knife until it was 4 inches inside my body, his gaze was still holding mine and I couldn't dare to look away.

My abdomen area was screaming in pain and my eyes stung with the threat of tears, but I couldn't let him see it I couldn't be that weak.

The withdrawal of the knife from my body hurt twice as much, yet his eyes were humorous, his smile was sinisterly challenging. The corners of his eyes crinkled with evil.

Thirteen more stabs later I found myself on the ground my body giving up on me, the pain was intense to the point of numbing my entire being back into unconsciousness.

I could hear voices but I couldn't make out anything that was being said, my arms were sprawled limb around my head, the only thing moving in me were my blinking eyelids.

The last thing I remember before my life started flashing before my eyes, was Ethan's angry eyes staring into mine, I don't remember him coming into the room but I heard him clearly.

"You deserve all the hell you're gonna get, and it's all in the name of my sister."

Xixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixixi

My hands instinctively went to where my abs were, I could feel the seventeen scars through the thin fabric of my tank top, I couldn't help but clench my fists in anger.

They added a scar every birthday.

"Are you even listening to me whore?" Ethan snapped at me, I forgot he was still here.

"Just leave. You'll thank me for killing that son of a bitch later." My stare was livid and my tone was harsh.

He didn't respond, in some way he knew I was good at what I do, I was even better at leading his gang than he was. Without further questioning he made his way out of my invaded personal bubble.