Chapter Eleven.

Chapter Eleven.

As soon as I heard those words, my breathing came to a halt and my eyes flashed with so much anger, they could’ve changed colour.

A head of black tousled hair emerged from the darkness in front of me on the opposite side of the cage, my toes curled and my fingers clenched with longing, not for him but for what I could do.

The lights shone bright around me, I could make out Nathaniel’s smirk among the crowd; everyone was staring intently, waiting.

He looked up from his gloves, his cloudy grey eyes the same as I last saw them, how that was possible was beyond me.

“So here we are again, Sandra.” He spoke with a trace of a smile on his lips.

“We are.” I snarled at him my anger towards him taking over my body.

“Its strange though, with the way your eyes changed, I would’ve never thought it was you.”

Before he could elaborate further on what he meant by saying that, the ring signaling the start of the match was heard.

He began to circle his way around me, his eyes curious, not scared. That was strange, everyone was afraid of me.

I didn’t let my confusion show as I took a few cautious steps towards him, he made the mistake of throwing the first punch, that I easily blocked with my fists.

While my attention was on blocking that first punch he used his legs to tamper with my balance kicking me behind the knees making me fall with his fist still caught in my hand.

Soon my blood started to boil and every part of me was on fire, he grabbed my other arm and crossed them both over my neck and pulled them back putting me in a head lock.

With my knees on the ground I pushed my stomach forward and with a backflip I was standing behind him and with all my might I took a fistful of his hair and moved my lower body back to slam his head on the ground.

While he tried to recover from the impact, I took a few swings, breaking his nose and bruising both his eyes, he was concussed I knew that so that gave me more time to ware him out.

The crowd was screaming my name as if I already won but that soon died down when Alexander stood up with perfect balance.

I looked at him waiting for any sign of attack but before I could notice he had me on my back on the floor pulling my leg back so that my toes touched my head.

He held both my arms in place in a position similar to that of my leg, I felt even angrier than I was before.

He wasn’t throwing punches, he wasn’t smirking, he didn’t look happy at all.

What in the world was he doing?

The lights around me began to dim, the only thing I could hear was the sound of our breathing combined and my heartbeat that was beating slower by the second.

“Anger, never wins a fight.” His calm voice reached my ear just a mere second before I was met by the familiar darkness.

…………………………………………………………………

A cold sensation brought me back to consciousness; taking a large intake of breath I jolted awake moving my now wet hair away from my face.

“What the fuck is wrong with you?” I snapped at Nathaniel who looked beyond furious.

“Me? You little weak bitch, you just cost us eighty grand by losing that fight like the worthless fighter you are!” he screamed in pure hatred.