Chapter 18

"You know she's my daughter in law as well?" Frigga tells Ylva as she was looking at the flowers I coughed up on her table.

"To which son?" Ylva asks her.

"Have a guess at it," Frigga says with a smile.

"Well she has 'Kneel' on her wrist. Knowing Loki's reputation with women, it has to be him," She says with a sigh.

"Correct," Frigga responds.

"He has a reputation?" I ask in a small voice.

"Oh yes he's knowing for sleeping around, it gets him what he wants usually," Ylva says with a small laugh. Frigga clears her throat and I look at her 'shut the fuck up' face and Ylva's 'oh my fucking gods I forgot' face.

"It's fine, he doesn't care for me so it doesn't matter," I tell her.

"It's not like he tried to kill you dear. Not to fret," Ylva tells me with a sarcastic tone.

"Ylva kindly shut your mouth," Frigga tells her. Her face drops.

"Has he?" She asks me. I nod and wave my hand, as if it didn't matter.

"Let's switch the topic of conversation, are you onto a cure?" Frigga questions.

"Oh yes I figured that out a while ago," Ylva says nonchalantly. I notice Frigga's eye twitch, and I didn't blame her.

"Well then what is it?" She asks.

"Do you want to hear the good part or the bad?" Ylva asks first.

"Bad," I reply.

"Well then....there is no cure...in a way," She sighs. I bite the inside of my cheek to stop myself from bursting out crying. I was gonna be this way forever?

"What's the good part?" Frigga questions.

"If Loki learns to love her back she might be cured. I believe it's the lack of love from her soulmate that's causing this," She explains.

"If it doesn't?"

"I don't think it's wise for (y/n) to hear it," She mutters, giving me a glance.

"Just say it," I grit. How bad can it be?

"She can die. If the love is not returned then I'm afraid the flowers building up in her will cause her to suffocate and die," Ylva quickly says. Frigga's face drops and she pales.

My lips twitch up into a smile and quickly incline to a small laugh. I laugh harder. I was going to fucking die!

I don't know when but I feel the drops of tears hit the back of my hand. My laughter dies and I gloomily stare at them.

"That's great," I say honestly.

"(Y/n)...." Frigga trails.

"No really, it is! This pain I feel everyday. This discomfort in me not only from your fucking pathetic excuse of a son, but from these fucking flowers that are in my lungs. It hurts. Now I know it's going to end soon? Best news I've received in a while," I explain.

"Is there nothing you can do!?" Frigga asks Ylva who was looking at me with pity.

"I can make a possible cure to slow the process down," she tells her.

"Then get to it," Frigga orders.

"I'm heading back to the palace," I say and get up from the chair.

"It'll be done quick, you should stay," Ylva tells me.

"Nah I'll go back. I'm dying so better make the best of my so called life," I tell them happily and walk out.