3.9

Luke's POV

Normally my dreams were filled with Michael being chased by ewoks or me losing my pants. Tonight, however, my mind has taken a different route.

I was up on stage, looking out into a crowd of thousands of people, all screaming out my name. Their hands were up, swaying to the beat, smiles beaming up at me. The air was becoming congested, my heart picking up its speed, my throat clenching as I search the crowd. All of the heads were blurring together, I couldn't pick out a single face. I couldn't find her.

My eyes flash open, my heart beating fast, still panicking over a dream. It was just a dream.

All of these dreams I'm dreaming are freaking me out, I wish I knew the meaning.

Even in the black darkness of the treehouse, I could feel Maddie lying beside me. I hadn't lost her, she was right here. Right here in my arms.

Lying here in no fear of the darkness, I'm not happy unless I'm close enough to her.

I snuggle closer to her, my arms still wrapped around her waist from last night. I reach up hesitantly, keeping the rest of me still so I don't wake her, and slide open the window curtain. Only a small sliver of light shines through, illuminating her sleeping face.

Her eyes were shut, lost in a blissful sleep. Her hair plastered around her face, tangled across the sheets. I reach over, brushing a few pieces off her hair away, my fingers running softly down her cheek, still flushed from the night before. It took everything in me not to kiss the sleeping girl beside me right now. Her lips were puffed, slightly parted in her sleep. She was my Sleeping Beauty.

Reluctantly, my hand leaves her face, resting rather around her waist, holding her close to me. I couldn't get close enough to her.

Her body shifts, eyes fluttering as a yawn escapes her lips. I smile, leaning up on my elbow as her eyes blink open, only awake for a second before finding my gaze.

"Morning beautiful," I grin, my teeth grazing over my lip ring as I stare down at her. A grin forms on her face, a soft giggle making her chest rise against mine. I couldn't help but smile. She replies with a half whispered 'morning', her eyes threatening to fall back asleep.

I kiss her forehead, making her eyes flutter open again, keeping sleep from taking her from me once more.

"Sleepy?" I chuckle, my fingers running through her hair. I would never get enough of touching her. She nods, wrapping her arms around my waist and snuggling into me. Her head rests on my chest, looking up at me. The dark green outlines of her eyes brightening up her hazel stare. "How do you feel?"

She giggles, shaking her head into my chest. "I feel like I love you," she whispers.

I will never get enough of her saying that. I lean down, lips finding hers. She smiles through the kiss.

"I could get used to this," Maddie smiles, laying back on her pillow. "I could get used to waking up next to you."

"Me too," I smile, kissing her neck softly as an excuse to rest my head on her shoulder. "I could get used to the way you said my name last night too."

"Luke!" Maddie flushes red, giving my head a whack.

"I mean, I could get used to how sexy you look when you wake up in my t-shirt," my eyes trail down her. I slide my hands under the t-shirt, wrapping my arms around her bare waist.

We lay like that for a little while, until Maddie jolts up.

"What?" I yawn, stretching my arms out.