2.7 (part 2)

Luke grabs my hand, running with me through aisles of cars until we came to a halt out front of the entrance to Disneyland. I gasped excitedly, squeezing his hand as he pulls tickets out of the bag and hands them to the smiling lady behind the counter.

I tugged him through the gates, halting quickly as we took our first few steps into the park. The sun was shining, brightening up the features of Main Street. Sugary smells were surrounding us along with magical music that made my heart dance. I felt Luke's eyes on me, turning to see him watching my enjoyment. When he saw me looking he blushed and turned away.

We walked down Main Street, filled with cheery children tugging on their parent's hand, and lined with colorful, small-town buildings on each side.

"Look, the castle!" I tugged on Luke's arm, making him laugh as a little girl next to us tugged on her parents' sleeves in the same way.

"Would you guys like a picture?" A smiling employee came up to us. Luke looked at me, shrugging before nodding to the lady. The two of us stood in front of the cast, Luke's arm around my waist. Just as the lady was counting down for the picture, Luke turned my head, kissing me just as the flash went off.

We both blushed as the lady handed us a photo card.

"You can add that picture to your wall," he swung our hands happily, absorbing the magic that is Disney. Somehow they make you feel happy just by standing in the middle of a street.

Both of us had been here before, so we decided to start with our favorites. First, Luke rushed us back to Space Mountain, grabbing my shoulders in nervousness as we neared the front of the line. When we got, off he tried to hide his shaken face.

"Just admit it, you were scared," I tease, giving him a push as we make our way to the Matterhorn, another roller coaster.

"I was not," Luke pushed back softly, "I was just afraid that you were going to get scared."

"Sure, if you say so," I tease, making him tickle my sides. On the next few rides he tried extra hard to keep his cool, sticking his tongue out at me every few minutes.

To Luke's relief, I forced him to go on the Nemo ride next. Well, more like he forced me. As we exited the ride, he began smiling to himself.

"What?" I poke his side questioningly.

"Nothing," he shrugs, still smiling.

"Tell me!" I push him.

"Its stupid," he blushes. I just stare at him until he gives in. "I was just thinking. You're my Nemo."

"What do you mean?" I look up at him, confused.

"You're my nemo. If you get lost in the great, big ocean, I'll come and find you," Luke blushes, looking at his feet. I just smile, my fingers finding his and locking our hands together.

"I will wait for you to come find me," I smile, leaning into his chest as we entered the next area of the park. How did he manage to be such a dork, yet so "cool" and "mysterious" at the same time?

Walking through Fantasyland, I dragged Luke around to all of the kiddie rides, much to his dismay. He pretended to groan about each one, but his face showed nothing but pure amusement, taking in my happiness. I haven't felt this happy in so long.

"You have to go on it's a small world!" I roll my eyes, dragging him over to the nearly empty ride.

"I suppose if I have too," he chuckles, wrapping his arm around my waist as we sit in our own boat, the rest of it empty.

The ride begins, small figures singing and dancing along as our boat drifts slowly through them. I was smiling, singing along. Turning to look at Luke, I notice he was only looking at me.