Chapter T W E N T Y - E I G H T

Chapter # 28 

Rewritten

................

Beep beep beep beep

The heart rate monitor reminded me of the alarm clock like Luke had got me. I smiled and fluttered my eyes open and the first thing I saw was Luke's concerned face looking at me like I was an alien of some sort. Weird.

He then suddenly hugged me. I shrieked in pain, when he pressed my side. "Agh! Luke ducking Henderson."

He pulled away giving me a sheepish smile. "I'm just happy to see you"

"What happened?" I asked. I needed to know.

"You were unconscious as soon as Khizar shot you." wait wait Khizar shot me?

"Huh?" I say in utter confusion.

"Yea he shot you.I didn't think he would. It appeared that he was not scared of his death" he sighed.

"What about Khizar?" I ask looking at Luke and his eyes go from caring to 'I am a metal robot' then into 'touch me and I will make sure I will kill you.'

"You really were in love with him weren't you?" he says and I gasp.

"The dude kidnapped me, jerk, and you think I'm not gonna care about him. If he dies and my parents come to know. It's not gonna be just signing papers and leaving, it's gonna be spending a night in prison. Making paperwork." I take a deep breath. This time I really meant the jerk.

"Whoa." he says and he sits down on the chair right next to the bed.

The next hour was passed silently as I thought about everything.

"It's weird. Just a while ago, you were in hospital and now here I am" I said

"I was here a long long time ago Ella" He said.

"How long have I been in here?" I asked, raising my right eyebrow.

"You've been here for nine weeks." he says dully.

A gasp escapes my mouth, nine whole weeks? this whole time passed by? it seems impossible.

"I was here every single minute though" He smiled warmly.

It's true if I see now. He has always been there for me. Yes, I admit that he left in between and things were really hard at that time but he came back , didn't he? And that's all that matters.

-

I start laughing while clutching my stomach when I see the way he is trying to sleep. Lets just say he was not the most comfy at the chair.

I was laughing so hard that I didn't notice that I was at the end of the bed.  I fall off the bed because of laughing so hard which lead to him jumping awake.

He rushes to my side. "You're an idiot, you know that?"

"Life's too short to be normal." I shrug and get up. Pain shoots up my left side once again due to all the effort and I fall to the floor with a loud scream. Again.

Luke picks me up. I feel my heart beat increase as he touches me and the butterflies wriggle in my stomach.

Not the time , stupid brain.

Suddenly the nurse comes rushing inside at the sound of my scream. "Oh darling are you okay?" she says pure concern filling her voice. "My side hurts." I whimper out and Luke keeps me on the bed and goes over to the sofa to lie down I guess. He was probably awake for four five days. Knowing Luke he would have stayed up longer if he could.

She hands me a lollipop and I start sucking on it. Hey, there is not age limit for a lollipop. I made a moaning sound because it tastes so good. Almost like Oreos?

"Why does this taste like Oreos?" I ask the nurse.

"Mr. Henderson over there, " she says gesturing towards Luke "started talking to me about your likes and dislikes when I was changing your drips." she says while smiling and leaves the room.

"Call me if you need anything , miss" she says and I nod.

The time flew by , and before we knew two weeks had passed by and I was totally fit to do whatever I wanted. Not that everyone , I mean Luke agreed though.

However , as another week passed I was out of bed rest and pretty much able to do whatever I wanted without Lu objecting.

My phone suddenly beeps. I picked it up.

Party at my house , be over - Amy

"Sure" I replied.

"Henderson?" I say and luke doesn't respond. "Luke fucking Henderson!" I scream at the top of my lungs.

"Whyyyy do you scream so much?" Luke whines as he walkes into the room from the kitchen I guess as he had his hand full with plates filled with food. Such a pig.

"Henderson, party at Amy's house." I say and he perks up.

"What the hell are you waiting for?!" he says and jumps up.

I get up and go to my cupboard taking good ten minutes deciding on what to wear.

I take a bath quickly, the scar was still there of the bullet but it didn't hurt anymore.

I get out and pull on my towel. Luke walks in again and this time he bumps into me. We look into each other's eyes. 

"Let's do this staring contest when I'm not standing in the bathroom with only a towel." I say while heat rushes to mine and his cheeks and he walks out.

Twenty minutes later, I was finally ready. I was wearing a dress which reached mid thigh. it was clasy but not slutty. it had a lace bodice and a lace neck. The sides were black and the back and the front were cream white. It had one long sleeve and one sleeve was not there. it hugged my curves in all the right places. I loved it.

I slipped my feet into the black platform heels my fave ones and perfected my make up. It was really light and natural. I had put on eye liner a little bit of mascara and red lipstick.

From the corner of my eye I saw Luke wearing his fave black sneakers as we ran out.

We let the fun begin.