jack grazer⇢insecure

Requested by -ethicals

.❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

I heard a light tap at the door causing my head to snap towards the doorway. I was seated on the end of my bed, distantly staring into my closet with complete and total resentment for the person staring back at me in the large mirrors that were the doors of my cupboard.

"Y/n?" Jack's soft voice echoed past the door. "We have to go now." He adds. I take a deep breath and stare down at my carpet I attempt to calm my unstable breathing to be able to reply back without rising suspension.

"I'll be there in a minute," I say not too loud but just enough for him to hear. I tucked all my hair behind my ears in frustration with myself, wondering if I had sounded convincing enough. The last thing I wanted to do was worry him.

"Hey Y/n, are you alright? Can you let me in please." Jack replies with a strained voice. I exhaled and wiped the tears brimming at my waterline quickly, trying to calm my puffy cheeks in the short amount of time I had.

"I am okay Jack, I'll be out in a minute." I insisted on sounding more convincing. "Y/n, please." He says in a softer tone, almost as if he was desperate. Jack would have no issues showing me his vulnerable side but I always felt like too much of a burden to show him my vulnerability. But he was my boyfriend and he's meant to be there for me, I stood up and leaned against the door.

I lightly placed my hand on the door handle and stared down at my hand in anticipation wondering if it will ever open the door. As the handle was twisted the door unlocked and Jack eagerly pushed the door open the rest of the way.

He looked straight into my eyes but I avoided his gaze. His hands came to my cheeks as he held my face and lightly directed my eyes to look at his face. His eyebrows furrowed together with concern as his thumbs softly brushed the skin on my cheeks.

"What happened?" He sighed as if he was sad that I was sad. He glanced over to the large pile of tried on clothes that were on my bed, he seemed to have figured out what my problem was. He removed his hands from my face and pulled me into a cuddly hug, placing his cheek on the top of my head.

"You know, when I say I love you I really mean it and that also includes the way you look and your body. I love every inch of you even if you don't," He states as he rubs soft circles into my back. I bury my face further into his neck, he smelt clean and crisp as he began to lightly play with my hair.

"We don't have to go anywhere if you don't want to," Jack states. I pull away from our hug and looked up into his eyes as he reaches out to wipe my cheeks with his thumb.

"No, it's okay, I wanna go rollerskating. I just, you kinda have to wear sight clothes for that and it makes me a little uncomfortable." I sigh looking to his chest where I was eye level. Jack abruptly placed his hands on my hips.

"You are perfect the way you are." He simply whispered. "You are, so beautiful." He says looking into my eyes with a small smile tugging at his lips. With those words, I knew I was the luckiest girl in the world.

(WORD COUNT: 608)

love, tassie <3