Chapter 31

One week later

Max

"Are you comfortable? Nik asks again as I right my head on the pillow

" Yeah, I'm alright, please stop worrying " I tell him as I pull him down to seat next to me.

"I can't help it" he says twinning our fingers together.

"I'm fine, I promise and I'm tired of staying in bed all day, can we at least go to the garden ?" I ask pleadingly

"But Max...!" He protests

"Please..." I say looking at him and putting my arms around his shoulders

"Okay fine, you're so stubborn" Nik's says

I try to get up from the bed but Nik stops me and lifts me up.

"Oh come on, I can walk" I try to protest

"Nope, I'll be carrying you" he says smiling

"Not that I mind but you're spoiling me too much, what will I do when I go back home to my place? I laugh

Nik's tenses and continues carrying me to the garden. He gently puts me down on a seat and throws a light blanket over my knees. I fold my legs and look at him.

Something has changed. When I mentioned going back to my place, he suddenly went quiet and I want to know what he's thinking.
I've been living with him for the past week since we returned from vacation and that was that. He took very good care of me and spoilt me.
I took all the medicine and he had the doctor on speed dial.

I tap his shoulder to ask him but the chef interrupts and brings a tray. I smile at him happily and take the tray.

" A light snack for you doctor" he says smiling

"Thank you Rick, I don't think I say this enough but your food is heaven" I say biting into freshly baked cookies.

"Anytime doctor, try the milk shake" he says

I sip the milk shake and almost gulp the whole drink.

"Oh my God, I might steal you from Nik" I say

"Why don't you two kiss already?" Nik says and we both burst out laughing.

Rick laughs and excuses himself while I continue laughing.
Nik sucked big time in the kitchen and
even though Rick tried to teach him,it never ended well. So he always seemed irritated when I gushed over his food.

"You big baby" I tease him.
He laughs but not wholeheartedly. Which brings me back to my earlier thoughts. Something was bothering him.

"What's bothering you?" I ask my face daring him to deny it.

"I...its just, ever since we started seeing each other,I kind of wanted you to be by my side all the time. I miss you when we are not together" he says

I smile a huge megawatt like smile and scoot closer to him. I put my arm around his neck and look at him.

"What are you trying to say Nik?" I ask

"Can you please move in with me?" He asks suddenly nervous. I keep quiet and look at him in surprise.
Nik was never nervous for crying out loud. He owned a business empire,he kicked ass. Now suddenly...

"Max, its fine if you don't feel comfortable enough to move in, I'm so sorry I asked, I can wait, I promise" he says looking away from me so quickly.
He thinks I didn't see the hurt and disappointed face.

"Look at me" I say
He turns and looks at me with a smile,no trace of the earlier emotions.

"Its really fine" he says with a smile

"You big idiot!" I say throwing myself on him and hugging him tight. He grabs me reflexively and looks at me surprised.

"Of course I'd like to move in with you, why would you think otherwise" I say

"For real? Are you serious sweetheart?" He asks all happy and perked up.

"Yeah" I say

He whoops and pulls me into a big hug and rains kisses on my face as I laugh stupidly.

"Thank you, you really play havoc with my emotions, i have wanted to ask for a while" he says leaning in to kiss me and I immediately put my arms around his neck and lean in to kiss him. He slowly rubs his hand around my back as I sink my fingers into his hair and kiss him back. I pull him tighter and kiss him,but he places one last kiss on my lips and pulls away leaving me dazed. Kissing Nik always left me disorganized and out of it for a while....

"Keep kissing me, I pout" looking at him trying to kiss him but he laughs and moves his head away

"Come on!" I groan

"Nope, you're still recovering and I can't control myself if I start" he says

"I'm fine for extra activities!" I protest disbelieving

"You're also a doctor babe, the other doctor said atleast two weeks of bed rest for full recovery" he replies hugging me to his chest.

"I don't want your hugs, you're such a bad boyfriend" I say

"Boyfriend? You mean husband" he replies

"Nuh, I don't really feel married, i just don't feel it you know. We got married a long time ago" I say

"You...you don't feel married to me?" Nik asks

"Yeah,do you feel married? We haven't been together since our horrible wedding day! We have no rings and that's just how it is"

"Oh!" Nik says

"What are we going to do Nik? What about my place and my work? I love that place, you know my mother left me that place" I say

"Yes, I thought of that, give me two weeks to see what we can do" he says

"Okay" I say hugging him and eating my cookies. So delicious.

Nik just sits next to me his hand around my shoulders. We sat outside and just enjoyed the fresh air.

Finally had a chance to update....its been a while...Don't forget to vote and comment.  Thank you for reading.