Chapter 15

Max..

I turn to grab Kish and I hear a voice saying,

"You thought you could run away from me?" The man says

I turn around with Kish and see Marcus!

"Marcus...." Kish says scared

I wonder why he is scared, Marcus is the twin to Lucas who Kish loved,but sadly he passed away years ago. I know for a fact that Kish stays away from Marcus and his family. I don't exactly know why, but I could never ask before because he went into his shell when you brought that up.

"Uhhh...guys, let's go to my place" I say noticing the looks we were getting from people.

Kish nods and Marcus follows as we go to my car and after we all pile in, I drive them to my place. We get in and as they settle in, I quickly go to the kitchen and make mugs of coffee. I grab some biscuits and add them to the tray.
I pass around the mugs and sit down next to Kish who is looking so lost and staring down twisting his fingers in his laps.
I turn and look at Marcus and he looks angry. I'd seen the picture of Lucas and they were identical, they looked exactly the same from the hair, to the eyes and physique. I wonder how Kish dealt with seeing the image of the man he had loved!

"Why Kish, why have you pushed us away, we are your family?" Marcus asks

I turn and see Kish sobbing into his hands and I feel so sad but at the same time,I think he should stop covering up and accept that he is still hurting.

"I couldn't... I...it killed me seeing you guys everyday, it reminded me that  Lucas is no longer here" he saying trying to wipe his tears

"Kish, there is someone you need to meet" Marcus says

The door seems to be opening in slow motion as we turn to look at the person slowly getting in.
My mouth falls open as Kish falls back in a dead faint.
I try to loosen his tie frantically trying to give him air and space. I shout at Marcus,
"Get me some water!" I scream trying to shake him awake.
The guy who just came in tries to bend down and touch him,

"Don't. Even. Try. It!" I say teeth clenched.. I'm bursting to claw his face and pluck out his eyes but Kish comes first...
When Marcus brings the water, I sprinkle a little on his face as he startles awake.
His eyes are frantic and he's breathing so fast I hold his head tighter in my lap.

"Calm down, I beg you" I say

"Kish?" The man from before calls

Kish turns to look at him and tears roll down his face,drenching heart felt tears that I find myself tearing up and tears roll down my face.

"Lu...Lucas....? I buried you, you are dead, you died" he whispers

"Max, I'm not going crazy right? You see him too right? That's Marcus and that's Lucas right?" He asks pointing while shaking his head right and left

"Yes Kish,I see him" I say

"Tell him to leave Max, I'm begging you, please " he pleads with me

I get up from the floor and pull Kish up. He seems to have lost all his strength and will.
I can't imagine what he's going through right now. The man he loved and thought was dead turns up alive!
I wipe my eyes as I grab his shoes from the floor.

"Let's go" I say

"Please don't go" Lucas says

As soon as he speaks, Kish turns and punches him in the face as we try to pull him off but there is no stopping him!
Lucas falls to the floor as Kish continues giving him punches and shouting
"You bastard"
and his lip burst open as we finally pull him off.