Chapter 21

So anyone reading who also writes? What helps you to write?  Me listening to some songs i like, it keeps me grounded...my song for this book that keeps me writing is that song from dragon nest "I feel like I've met you somewhere before"

Max

I don't know how Nik did it but I was so happy that I couldn't help smiling as I hopped out of the shower.
Things would have turned out so differently if he hadn't stepped in. Only Nik's had the guts to stand up to grandfather in the business world. Harold had contacts people only dreamt off. He could move mountains in minutes! He had so much power and leverage in places you couldn't even imagine.

After drying off, I pull on sweats and seat on the couch in my bedroom.
I fold my legs and grab a glass of juice. I look to my side table and see the deed, I pick it up and I can't help staring at the deed. It was finally sinking in that I fully owned my house and no one could take it away. The house my mother left for me. My precious house. I smile and put it down.
Before i can put it away safely,That's when I notice that my name was written as Maximilian Starlinksy on the deed!Right! My official documents had my name written as Starlinksy.  I groan unsure of what to do!
Should I change it or what? I'll see what Nik has to say about it when he comes for dinner I decide. Right now all I cared about was having the deed with me.

As I'm still thinking about it, my phone starts ringing and I look around for it throwing around pillows till I realize I left it in the living room.
Why do i never have my phone with me! Im always leaving it everywhere!

By the time I reach,its stopped ringing. That's when i check and notice missed calls from Nik.
Missed calls from Nik! My heart beat faster and I quickly swipe to answer.
As I am about to call him back, the phone starts ringing again and I pick up.

"Yes?" I say into the phone sinking into the nearest chair.

"Max, how are you doing?" He asks sounding abit off but I'm not sure.

"I'm okay Nik" I say

"Max, there's something I need to tell you" he says

"What is it?" I ask
I wasn't ready for anymore bad news!

"Max, I'm so sorry I can't make it tonight for dinner, I forgot about an important business dinner supposed to happen today" he says

"Ohhh! " I say not even trying to hide my disappointment.

"I'm so sorry" he says pleadingly

"Its okay Nik, I'm going to hang up now" I say getting off the couch

"Max wait, Actually, i wanted to ask,can you be my plus one tonight to the business dinner? That way we have our dinner and I also attend the business dinner" he asks hopeful

"Uhh yeah, I can get ready?Are we dressing formal?" I ask

"Yes, thank you for agreeing to come with me, the event is at 7pm,I can pick you up" he says

"No,no, I can come by myself, just meet me at the door" I say

"Please give me a call when you arrive" he says

"Okay" I say quickly hanging and dialing a life saver.

"Venny" I say as soon as she picks up

"Max? I'm still angry at you for not coming to help me pick out stuff. You know Nik is a terrible shopping companion! I had to go with mum and dad! Do you hear me? I was the only one college shopping with mom and dad! Why do I have a brother in law if he won't help me!" She complains

"Sorry Ven, I'll make it up to you" I say wincing into the phone

"Alright, what do you need help with?" She asks nolonger whining