Locked and Loaded

© This story is copyright of Addi

Hey everyone! This is my first story and I know this chapter sucks but I promise it WILL GET BETTER!!!I SWEAR!!! I would really appreciate any votes and comments from everyone please!

Here's chapter 1 of Locked and Loaded and thanks to everyone who's reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1

Marina's POV

Tears silently poor down my face, waterfalls that collect on the hair that falls in my face. My fingers lightly run over the double tombstone. Yesterday I was here too, but I was attending the funeral of my parents then. I sit down on the freshly packed earth, just staring at the smooth grave in front of me. I begin to talk to my parents as if they were still here. I tell them about the way people are treating me differently, how my life had been affected by them being gone. I sat there pouring my heart out for hours while the graveyard slowly emptied. The sun had just gone down when I paused in my story, thinking back on the day they had been taken from me, just under one week ago.

~flashback~

I rolled over in my bed, untangling myself from my zebra comforter, and started stared at the clock. 2:07 am. I was shocked. I was officially 18 years old in 1 minute! I looked at the second's hand of my clock. In.....5, 4, 3, 2......! BAM! I jerked up in bed due to the sound of the front door slamming. I threw my comforter off me completely and jumped down from my loft bed. I surveyed my room, searching for my hot pink converse while simultaneously straightening my bright blue short shorts and tank top. I lived in the garage over my parents' house so I had no idea who could have gotten into the house. I threw open my door and ran down the stairs to the front door of the house. I automatically tried the handle even though I knew it should be locked. To my surprise, the door swung open. I looked around the kitchen for a robber wearing a ski mask like you see in the movies, but I didn't see anyone, even though it had only been a few seconds ago that the door had slammed.

Maybe I imagined it, I thought tiredly.

I walked through the house finding nothing out of place.

I must have just been being paranoid, I thought.

I had just decided to go back to bed when I passed my parents room. I then heard something that made me stop dead in my tracks, my blood turn cold.

"Please no! Please!" my mother whisper-yelled.

An unfamiliar voice answered coldly, "I'm sorry," but his tone showed how unapologetic he was. I slowly turned the doorknob and opened the heavy oak door, revealing the gruesome scene before me. My mother was laying on the floor, my father on the bed, both of them dead. There were bullet holes through both of their heads. There was a man there with his back to me, but I could see the gun in his hand. Obviously he had killed my parents. He hadn't seen me yet, and I hoped to keep it this way. This man was dangerous; he had just killed my parents! I didn't want him to kill me too! But just after I thought it, the man turned around. The second he saw me he ran to the window and jumped out into the night. But the adrenaline I was feeling hyper-focused on his face. I remembered his appearance perfectly. He looked around 19-20ish, and had beautiful eyes that were blue with grey and green flecks in them. His probably 6 foot 5 body was strongly built, with straight brown hair that fell perfectly against his head. He was gorgeous, no doubt about it. But why did he kill my parents?

Levi POV-same day

Shit! I thought to myself.

The wind had blown at just the wrong moment and the door slammed extremely loudly. I looked around and listened intently for anyone coming to investigate. I had decided that no one had heard and was just observing the kitchen appliances when I heard someone coming to the door. I quickly flung myself into a dark corner, and was completely still. A half second later the door swung open wide, revealing the investigator. She was a girl, probably 17 or 18 years old with long, curly brown hair with blue and purple streaks in it. Her pale face was illuminated by the moon, showing her incredible silvery blue eyes. I recognized her instantly as Marina Aleigh Blanc, the daughter of my targets. I pulled my 22 caliber from my waistband, switched off the safety and made sure the silencer was on. I carefully pointed it at Marina and was about to pull the trigger when I stopped.

"This girl can live" I thought.

I didn't know what it was about her that made me decide not to shoot her. I was a highly skilled assassin; I was trained for this. I killed people ALL the time without thinking twice about it. Maybe what made me decide against shooting her was the innocence on her face, or maybe it was just her drop dead good looks. I waited until she was gone up the stairs to continue. I would have to either be EXTREMELY careful to not run into her and finish the job quickly, or I would have to come back another time.

What the heck, I'm already here, I thought.

I snuck through the house as stealthily as possible. I had the layout of the house memorized thanks to the map I had gotten from my employer, Ethan. I shuddered at the thought of him. He was quite an intimidating man and was outwardly violent. I shook off the feeling and focused on the situation at hand. I walked to the correct door and pressed my ear against it, listening for any movement. All I heard where deep but quiet snores. I twisted the silver doorknob and stepped into the room. There they were: Evan and Melody Blanc. The 2 people I was about to kill. I aimed my gun carefully at their sleeping figures. I could get them both with one shot if I was precise. I took a step forward for an easier shot but, my left foot landed on something other than ground. I quickly raised my steel toe boot encased foot off the floor and out shoot a cat, yowling like there was no tomorrow.

I cursed silently. Both Melody and Evan were moving apart to see what was going on.

So much for getting them both with one shot, I thought as I aimed for Evan. I knew from the files that Ethan gave me that when Evan had a gun, he was more dangerous than anyone. And I didn't need any more problems. I squeezed down on the trigger and the bullet sailed straight through the air, implanting itself in Evan's brain. He died instantly. His wife didn't scream, but his eyes widened to the point of being comical. She seemed to have no voice. When I pointed the gun at her though, she found her voice. "Please no! Please!" she pleaded with me. Her eyes held guilt though, and I knew what she did, so what choice did I have? It was my job to rid the world of people like this.

"I'm sorry," I said, even though it wasn't true. I squeezed down the trigger and ended her life too.

I surveyed the two deceased people in front of me, thinking about their daughter who would find them like this in the morning. I turned around to leave and realized what trouble I had gotten myself into. Standing in the door way, eyes wide and mouth open, was Marina. I was shocked by her appearance; the two deaths had made me forget about her being in the house. I turned around quickly and jumped out the open window. I landed lightly on the balls of my feet and sprinted into the night.