Chapter 4

Chapter 4 Marina POV

"Holy sh*t!" I shouted. Jeremy stared at me, probably wondering where the hell that outburst had come from.

"Sorry. I...uh...stubbed my toe on the railing." I said, feeling a faint blush come to my cheeks. I didn't tell Jeremy the truth because I hadn't told anyone about seeing my parents' killer. I didn't know why I didn't say anything to anyone; I just knew it was something I couldn't tell anyone right now.

Jeremy shrugged, realizing I was lying about the whole "I stubbed my toe" thing, but not pushing it. He always knew when I was lying. It was actually pretty inconvenient at times.

I turned to look at Jeremy and saw a mysterious smile on his face.

"wha....." I couldn't even finish my question before he was on top of me, screaming,

"TICKLE ATTACK!!" A "tickle attack" was how Jeremy always cheered me up when we were younger.

"Sto-to-p-p-p!" I managed between hysterical laughs.

"Nope!" he said, popping the "p".

"RAPE! RAPE!" I started shouting, giggling uncontrollably.

"It's not rape if you yell surprise, so SURPRISE!"

(A/N: I know it's still rape, but it's kind of an ongoing joke between my 2 guy friends and I because they were tickling me and saying it wasn't rape if they yelled surprise and they were yelling surprise and yeah.just thought I'd share that =])

"Do you surrender?" Jeremy asked me, still tickling me. What choice did I have? If he kept this going for much longer, I'd probably pee my pants.

"Yes!" I exclaimed obviously. He FINALLY stopped tickling me, but it took me a minute to get my breathing under control again.

Once I had finished panting, I looked up at Jeremy, observing the smile on his face, but the obvious worry he was trying to hide in his eyes. Jeremy could never keep things from me.

I knew what he was worried about, though, so I sighed and said "Jeremy, relax. I'm fine."

When he tried to assess my face, I put my head down, letting my loose curls cover my expression. I felt his hand at my chin, forcing my head up, but as soon as my face was visible, I turned my head to the side away from him. I then threw the covers off of me and slid out of the warm and comfortable cover of my bed.

The air was cold, and all I really wanted to do was dive back into the bed and it's warmth. But right now, I needed to be alone to think.

"thanks for staying the night with me Jeremy." I said, a silent invitation for him to leave.

But nothing got passed him.

"You want to be alone, and I know you do so don't deny it," Jeremy said, cutting me off when I was about to interrupt him, "but im not gonna force my company on you, but I do want to make sure you know that I'm always here, when you want to talk. No matter what time, I'm always just a phone call away, kay?"

"I know Jer" I said, giving him a hug.

I hadn't realized until that moment that all he was wearing were a pair of boxers. I knew he slept in boxers, but since he had never slept over at my house before, I never actually realized that when he was wearing his boxers, that was ALL he was wearing. Weird. Not that his half- naked ness bothered me, it was just strange.

I shrugged off the thought as Jeremy pulled on some jeans and a t-shirt. He pulled me in for another quick hug before he was walking out the door.

"Later sis!" he yelled when he reached the bottom of the stairs.