My Sisers Keeper

The woods are a dangerous place, especially at night Bellamy said to me the day we found out about the grounders. I never believed what he said to be true until now. Walking back to the bunker I feel as if I am being followed. I quicken my pace. Not so much that its noticable but just enough to get me to the bunker faster. I open the heavy metal door and turn on the lights. I hear the water running from within the bathroom. Murphy must be taking a shower. I pull out the sweats I wore the night before from the pillow case and place them on the bed. Unbuttoning my pants I strip down into my underwear. Suddenly I hear a whistle.
I quickly turn around and cover my body with the pillow case. "Murphy turn around!" I yell at the boy.
"I still don't understand why you want to hide your body." He states while turning around. That's when I notice he is only in sweatpants. Once again no shirt.
"Because I'm hideous, skinny and pale." I state. I put on the sweats and move onto the bed and under the covers.
"First off can I turn around now." I answer a yes, so he rotates his body so he is facing me. He sits at the end of the bed and places his hand on one of my legs. "Second of all and I really want you to listen to this because I'm not lying. I also want to look you in my eyes when I tell you this." Instead of glaring at the bedsheets in front of me I raise my head so that I am looking into his blue eyes. "Demetria you are anything but hideous. Slightly annoying sometimes, but not hideous. You are beautiful Blake, and anyone who makes you think or feel otherwise can go to hell. You don't deserve to feel like you're not someone beautiful, because you are. Inside and out." I wipe a tear from my eye. No one not even Wick had made me feel this good about myself.
"Are you going soft on me Murphy?" I question while smirking. He stands up and pushes me over to the side before heading back in the washroom explaining how he was just trying to do something nice. I laugh while getting ready for bed. Today had been a long and busy day, tomorrow hopefully will be a relaxing one. I do hope those flares will work for Bellamy because if they don't he will have to live with the guilt of killing 320 innocent people on the Ark.

---
"Bellamy mom told me that when Octavia and I were born you named us. Octavia was named after Augustus's sister but who was I named after?" Bellamy places one of his knees on the ground and puts both his hands on my arms.
"You Demetria were named after the soldier Demetrious who fought under the rule of Julius Caesar. He fought well alongside the Emperor. Thats why. You Demetria are strong, can defend yourself. You got fire and someday you will have to use that fire." He explains. I listen to every word Bell says. I am strong, I do have fire.

"I'm heading out."
"Where to?" I look to the boy under the covers. And say that we need to find food or else we are not going to survive here in the bunker for long. He only nods before standing up. "I'm coming." He states getting his shoes and jacket on before walking over to me. I put my hand on his chest and stop him.
"If they see you, they will kill you."
"And if a grounder see's you they will kill you. I'm not letting you go alone." He attempts to push past me but I push back.
"I can't let you go on a suicide mission Murphy."
"Why do you care? Why are you even here? You Demetria are putting your life at risk. Did you even think about that for a second?!" He questions me in a rather angered voice. I say nothing. There was nothing to say. To be completely honest I don't understand why I am still here instead of camp. "You can't say anything can you?" He huffs in annoyance. "Look smarts, I can't let you put your life on the line for me anymore. Go back to camp. I'll survive, always do."
"You know Murphy you should be glad I helped you because if I didn't you wouldn't even be here right now!" I scream. "You know what I won't help someone who doesn't want to be helped." I grab the last of my rations and throw them on the counter before I leave. The nerve of that boy.

---

I must of been so blinded by anger when I set foot outside the bunker because now I don't know where I am. I'm lost and hungry and regret giving Murphy the last of my rations. Suddenly I hear someone scream. I run towards the sound careful not to be followed. I see people from the camp and make myself noticeable. "What the hell happened?" I ask the group of delinquents before my eyes land on my brother.
He walks up to me, his face full of anger and fear. "Where the hell did you go? I was worried. We are out here looking for you and O."
"I was wondering around and got lost. What's wrong? Where is Octavia?"
"Gone."
Finn walks up to us, "guys I would hate to ruin this moment but I'm going to. The grounders are using the trees, they're all around us." I look around the woods and see them, they are surrounding the group. "We need to run. Now." Just before we start running I see the other John lying dead on the forest floor with his throat slit. I follow Bellamy and the others, we race through the woods.
"What are we gonna do? They keep heading us off." One of the guys say. I think his name is Diggs.
"Just keep running." Finn yells.
"I can't keep running much longer!" Jasper states.
"I'm not stopping for him!" Diggs informs before he continues to run off to god knows where.
"I'm sick of running anyway." Bellamy says before turning towards Jasper and I.
"Hey what are you doing?" Finn questions grabbing onto Bell.
"They know where she is."
"Guys where did Diggs go?" I ask. Roma then runs off to go find him. We chase after them both. Soon we find Diggs who is impaled, I go after Roma.
"Wait there could be more!" Finn yells.
"Demetria!" I hear Bell yell however I keep going. Suddenly I trip on a log. I roll down a small hill before using what's left of my strength to sit up. I place my hand to my head and feel something warm. I remove my hand and see blood all over my fingers. Shit.
"Ahh!" I quickly turn my head to see Roma get speared in the chest and plunged into a tree. I raise my hand to my mouth so I don't make a sound. God these grounders are ruthless. She is an innocent girl, why on Earth are they going after us?
I try to get up but my head hurts too much and I have a pounding headache. My vision is blurry but I swear to christ that there is someone in front of me. "Please help me." I plead hoping its one of the delinquents or Bellamy. They crouch down in front of me, and place one of their hands on the back of my head. "What are you-" suddenly the person places some sort of material on my mouth and over my nose. The light soon fades and all that is left is the darkness.