Earth Kills

I see someone come into my cell. He's a broad man with semi long blond hair and blue eyes. His hands our behind his back, whether he is just cupping his hands together or holding an object I do not know. I move closer to the corner of my bed, frightened about why he is here. He holds up his hands in defensive, and smiles. That's when I see he is holding a notebook and pencil.
He sits on the steel floor. I move closer to him but still remain on my bed. He begins to write on the paper, I'm glad my brother taught me how to read. Mother was always too busy screwing the captain of the guard.
Once he is done writing he turns the notebook around and slides it across the floor. I pick it up. It reads "my name is Kyle Wick. I'm here on account of your hearing disability. I am an engineer but know a thing or two about being a mechanic." Once I finish reading I look up at him and smile. Could he really help me hear? I hold out my hand. He gives me a look over before shaking it. I take the pencil from his other hand and write a note myself.
"So... how do we start?"

"Demetria?" Someone shakes me awake. I open my eyes only to see a figure standing in front of me. I let my eyes adjust to the light which is very limited as it is still dark. I sit up in the hammock and brush my hands through my long blonde hair. My dad had blonde hair, that's where I got it from. You couldn't even tell if Bellamy and I were siblings. However with Octavia you could. If you look into our eyes you can see the bright green. "Demetria?" The voice is more clear this time. I look up to my sister.
"What do you want O? It's the middle of the night." She grabs my hand and tells me to follow her. So I do. She leads me further into the woods until we came upon a clearing. She lets go of my hand and sits on a rock, pats down beside her, indicating for me to sit. "Why are we here?"
"I want to show you something." She states, a smile on her gorgeous face. She picks up a stick from the ground and throws it into a bush. Suddenly butterflies burst forth from the bush and fly all over the place, illuminating the darkness with their beautiful blue wings.
"This is unbelievable." I stare in awe at the magnificent sight before us. "How did you find this place?"
"I found it when you and the rest of the rescue squad went off to find Jasper." She paused for a moment. "Is he going to be okay?"
I look into her eyes which are identical to mine. I take hold of her hand, "I hope so." She forces a smile on her face. "You know O, I'm happy that we were sent to Earth."
"Why?"
"Because it gives us a chance for a new start. We are no longer trapped, under the floor or in a cell. You and I finally have the freedom to do what we want."
"Not with Bellamy around." She sighs.
"Is this about Atom?" She nods her head. "I understand why he's acting the way he is about us. He's being protective."
She chuckles in a mocking way, "yeah big brother catching Atom and I, not letting me out of his sight."
"Hey, I know he's being a bit of a prick but that's only because he loves us. Octavia we don't know what down here, we don't know if were going to survive down here at all. All Bellamy cares about is protecting us, because he loves us."
"I know."
"Then you know to back off a little, because if I know you, and I do, you will do whatever you can to get what you want." She looks at me angrily. "Not that it's a bad thing all the time. You fight, and we need people like you to survive." Her face softens. She puts one of her arms around my shoulders and gives me a hug.
"We need people like you too Demetria." 
"Why?" there's absolutely no reason to keep me alive. I have no purpose on this earth and will probably be the next one to die.
"You don't realize it yet but your special. Being deaf heightened your other senses: touch, sight, smell. Dude you're like a superhuman. And now with your hearing aid, you can hear things no one else can. Warn us if something is about to happen." She stands up and holds out her hand, "come on, it'll be light soon." I take her hand and we head back to the drop ship. When we arrive I glance at the mountains and see the sun begin to rise above it's peaks.
I walk back into the dropship and sit back down in Murphys hammock. People won't be waking up for another few hours or so. I lay my head back down and stare up at the ceiling, just thinking. Soon enough I grow tired and let my heavy eyelids close and fall asleep.