8-its bad

Mine Hehe^^ song: hard to starboard.

In his stateroom, surrounded by piles of plans while making notes in his ever-present book, Andrews looks up at
the sound of a cut-crystal light fixture tinkling like a windchime. He feels the shudder run through the ship. And we see it in his face. Too much of his soul is in this great ship for him not to feel its mortal wound.
In Tge First Class Smoking Room, Gracie watches his highball vibrating on the table.
In The Palm Court, with its high arched windows, Molly Brown holds up her drink to a passing waiter. "Hey, can I get some ice here, please?" Silently, a moving wall of ice fills the window behind her. She doesn't see it. It disappears astern.

In The crow's Nest, Fleet turns to his Lee... "Oy, mate... that was a close shave."
"Smell ice, can you? Bleedin' Christ!"
-
The alarm bells still clatter mindlessly,
seeming to reflect Murdoch's inner state. He is in shock, unable to get a grip on what just happened. He just ran the biggest ship in history into an iceberg on its maiden voyage.

"Note the time. Enter it in the log." Captain Smith rushes out of his cabin onto the bridge, tucking in his shirt.

"What was that, Mr. Murdoch?"

"An iceberg, sir. I put her hard a' starboard and run the engines full astern, but it was too close. I tried to port around it, but she hit... and I-"

"Close the emergency doors."

"The doors are closed." Together they rush out onto the starboard wing, and Murdoch points. Smith looks into the darkness aft, then wheels around to Fourth Officer Bohall.

"Find the Carpenter and get him to sound the ship."

In steerage, Niall comes out into the hall to see what's going on. He sees dozens of rats running toward him in the corridor, fleeing the flooding bow. Niall jumps aside as the rats run by. "Ma- che cazzo!"

In His Stateroom, Ed gets out of his top bunk in the dark and drops down to the floor with a splash.

"Cor!! What in hell-?!" He naps on the light. The floor is covered with 3 inches of freezing water, and more coming in. He pulls the door open, and steps out into the corridor, which is flooded. Niall
is running toward him, yelling something in Italian. Ed and Niall start pounding on doors, getting everybody up
and out. The alarm spreads in several languages.

A couple of people have come out into the corridor in robes and slippers. A Steward hurries along, reassuring them.
"Why have the engines stopped? I
felt a shudder?"

"I shouldn't worry, m'am. We've likely thrown a propeller blade, that's the shudder you felt. May I bring you anything?"
Thomas Andrews brushes past them, walking fast and carrying an armload of rolled up ship's plans.

Zayn and Harry are leaning over the starboard rail, looking at the hull of the ship. "Looks okay. I don't see anything." Zayn shrugged.

"Could it have damaged the ship?"

"It didn't seem like much of a bump. I'm
sure we're okay." Zayn reassured.
Behind them a couple of steerage guys are kicking the ice around the deck, laughing.

Niall and Ed are in a crowd of steerage men clogging the corridors, heading aft away from the flooding. Many of them have grabbed suitcases and duffel bags, some of which are soaked.

"If this is the direction the rats were runnin', it's good enough for me." Ed pointed out to Niall.

Bruce Ismay, dressed in pajamas under the topcoat, hurries down the corridor, headed for the bridge. An officious steward named Barnes comes along the other direction, getting the few concerned passengers back into their rooms.

"There's no cause for alarm. Please, go
back to your rooms" He reassured.
He is stopped in his tracks by Moe and Lovejoy.

"Please, sir. There's no emergency-"

"Yes there is, I have been robbed. Now get the Master at Arms. Now you moron!"

C.U. Captain Smith is studying the commutator. He turns to Andrews, standing behind him.

"A five degree list in less than ten
minutes."
Ship's Carpenter John Hutchinson enters behind him, out of breath and clearly unnerved.

"She's making water fast... in the forepeak tank and the forward holds, in
boiler room six."
Ismay enters, his movements quick with anger and frustration. Smith glances at him with annoyance.

"Why have we stopped?"

"We've struck ice."

"Well, do you think the ship is seriously damaged?"

"Excuse me." The captain says, glaring. He pushes past him, Andrews and Hutchinson following behind.
-
Strokers and firemen are struggling to draw the fires. They are working in waist deep water churning around as it flows
into the boiler room, ice cold and swirling with grease from the machinery. Chief Engineer Bell comes partway down the ladder and shouts.

"That's it, lads. Get the hell up!" Bell yells. They scramble up the escape ladders.

The gentlemen, now joined by another man, leans on the forward rail watching the steerage men playing soccer with chunks of ice.

"I guess it's nothing too serious. I'm going back to my cabin to read."
A 20ish Yale man pops through the door wearing a topcoat over pajamas. "Say, did I miss the fun?"

Harry and Zayn come up the steps from the well deck, which are right next to the three men. They stare as the couple climbs over the locked gate. A moment later Captain Smith rounds the corner, followed by Andrews and Carpenter Hutchinson. They have come down from the bridge by the outside stairs. The three men, their faces grim, crush right past Zayn and Harry. Andrews barely
glances at Harry.

"Can you shore up?" Smith asks.

"Not unless the pumps get ahead." Hutchinson replies. The inspection party goes down the stairs to the well deck.

"It's bad." Zayn says quietly.

"We have to tell Mother and Moe."

"Now it's worse."

"Come with me, Zayn. I jump, you jump... Right?"

"Right." Zayn follows Harry through the door inside the ship.

first update of the day :) I got alot of free time so there will probably be a second.