↞ one

teddy's house, 6:57am
{olivia's pov}

i was in my new bedroom that teddy's mother gave to me, that was once a guest room, laying on the bed after a long early morning of unpacking. i took in a deep breath and exhaled, looking at the only picture i had left of my parents and i together as a family.

the reason i moved to the small town of castle rock was because my parents passed away in a brutal car accident. i wasn't so fond of moving in with teddy, but it wasn't like i had a choice. he was the closest family i had. and his dad is psycho. i remember one time teddy had told me a story about his dad holding his ear so close to a stove that it almost burned off. i've been scared of his father ever since.

i snapped out of my thoughts when i heard a soft knock on the door.

"come in," i said, putting down the framed picture i had of me and my parents on the bedside table. the door opened to reveal the brown eyed teddy with a tired expression on his face. we never really caught up with each other's lives yet, but i was planning on it soon.

"my mom is forcing me to take you with me to meet up with my friends. so hurry up and get ready because i don't wanna wait too long."

"teddy has friends? who would've thought?" i said coolly.

"real funny," he said, smiling sarcastically. i smiled a genuine smile and so did he. "i'll be waiting outside." he shut the door and i heard his footsteps faint as he walked farther away. maybe meeting his friends today wouldn't be so bad?

i sighed and got up from the bed, going to examine the clothes in my closet. the only reason teddy wasn't being insane and was being nicer to me than usual is obviously because of the tragedy involving my parents. he didn't want to give me a hard time, which i appreciated considering that it's teddy duchamp.

after i got changed in a maroon t-shirt, light blue denim shorts and dirty white converse, i walked out of my room, heading for the scorching heat of the outdoors. i wasn't in the mood to wear a dress, even though my mom used to love them on me. i wasn't as preppy as other girls. i got bullied for it at my old school before i moved, because apparently i looked like a boy. i left my long, dark brown hair down and a little bit wavy. i wore a scrunchie around my wrist just in case.

i walked out of the house to see teddy leaning against the wall, waiting for me. the sun that was beaming was already making my body temperature heat up. it was a nice day to do something fun, even if it was hot.

teddy glanced over at me and pushed himself off of the wall.

"took you long enough, livy," he said. he knew i hated being called livy.

"eat a pile of shit. it's olivia or liv to you, teddy bear," i said back as a smirk grew on my face. he hated when i called him that. we gave each other nicknames we hated when i visited last time. we were only nine.

we started walking to wherever we were going to meet up with his friends in silence.

"am i actually going to meet your friends? i mean, last time i visited you forgot about me and i had to walk back to your house all by myself, dickhead," i said as i playfully shoved his arm. he chuckled as he remembered the faint memory.

"it's not my fault you were annoying back then," he said. "you'll meet them, but i'm gonna have to ask if i can let your candy ass in," he added as we approached a tree house like structure. i rolled my eyes at his remark as he climbed the ladder and knocked on a hatch. it wasn't like any normal knock though, it was probably some dumb top secret knock or something. one of his friends let him inside and he never looked back at me. not once.

i rolled my eyes once again, knowing that he probably would forget that i was here. as a result, i hid in the bushes. i didn't want to be seen by others and known as a creep standing in front of a tree house. so i waited for my name to be called by teddy.

i had been waiting in the bushes for what felt like an eternity, until a light brown haired boy holding a magazine came into view. i didn't care if teddy would get mad at me for talking to him, so i stood up. he stopped and turned his head quickly from the sudden movement he saw in the corner of his eye.

"could you ask teddy if i can come in now?" i asked, crossing my arms over my chest. he wore a shocked expression on his face, like he's never seen a girl before. he looked about twelve or thirteen years old, slightly taller than me. probably only by an inch or two, though. "well?" i asked, waiting for him to answer.

{teddy's pov}

chris and i were playing the card game we usually played until we heard the secret knock. chris lifted the table and i opened the hatch to reveal gordie. instead of climbing up, he looked to his left at the ground and looked back at us.

"who's the chick?" he asked. my heart dropped, realizing he meant olivia.

"shit."