The Tour Life bites

An adrenaline rush hit and a smile spread over my face as I took in my familiar setting. The crowd screamed and head banged to the band on the stage while a circle pit was underway in the middle of the venue floor.

I stood next to the pit just out of it's dangerous reach, watching my friend Alissa. When it came to concerts she was always with me, it was like a tradition to go together. We worked well together because of how different we were in personality, she was always the first one to leap off the cliff with both feet well I stopped cautiously to think first. Opposites really did attract in our case and we completed each other to make one. She was the injection of fun while I made sure we'd still be standing afterwards.

Alissa was always a pit person while I was a watcher. She happily skipped laps with the crowd, making her stick out because everyone else was running but she didn't care, she always did things without a care in the world.

Finally, after many laps, she returned to my side after she tired out, her long blonde hair now a crazy, frizzy, mess lit up with bright blue eyes and a giddy smile. She quickly slipped her hand into mine and led me through the maze of people to the stage.

But suddenly an arm snaked around my waist and pulled me sharply backwards. My hand slid out of hers and before she could even turn around I was already out of her sight. I fought and kicked, employing every technique I had ever learned in self defense but my sharp elbows to the stomach and vicious twisting had no effect. Even my screams weren't loud enough to hear over the hardy drum beat and heavy bass.

"Alissa, Alissa!" I screamed my best friend's name over and over again hoping she'd somehow hear me and come to my rescue but it never happened.

I was pulled out into the cold october night through a back door and now a hand covered my mouth to not disturb the silence around. I was thrown to the cold, cracked concrete behind the venue and a foot was place firmly on my stomach to keep me from running. Finally l looked into the face of the man who had taken me.

I remember him! My mind raced back to the meet and greet Alissa had dragged me to before the show, she was the only one with a pass but had begged the front door to let me in too so we wouldn't be separated. He was from Despite Midnight, Alissa's favorite band, and also the band we saw at the meet and greet. I had never heard their music much before, all I knew was that they were one of the few heavy, metal bands I hadn't gotten around to listening to yet.

This man.. oh what was his name... James! James was so lovely and full of life when I met him before, he treated all of his fans with love and care and now looking at him all I see is darkness and hatred. His eyes glowed a supernatural red which caused instant fear to sink in, I was up against something I had no idea how to defeat. He wasn't human that was for sure, and probably the answer to why he wasn't crippled by a top-of-the-class fighter from my defense class. He was a singer, and a man many looked up to yet he was hiding a dark secret which I knew I'd learn all about soon.

He ran a scarred hand through his spiky brown hair, moving his bangs from his eyes which held an evil glint and I felt a blow to the head. Slowly, a twisted grin creep onto his face and I was lulled into darkness with the sound of an evil laugh.

Author's Note: This is my first thing I've ever posted on here (so please comment and give feed back!) and yes, I know it's a really short and vivid chapter but its really just to set up the rest of the story. If you want to know a little bit more about what this story will be about, please go read the story description. All bands, songs, tours, ect are made up off the top of my head, if there is something out there with the same name (band, tour, whatever) please know this doesn't apply or reference to them.