Chapter 28

Blane's POV

The whole way to the pack house I couldn't think of anything but Allison. She seems really distant lately and I have no idea what would make her close herself off to me. As friends we seemed more of a couple then we do now. I hope she's not having regrets about us being mates because I don't think I could handle it if she didn't want me. It's been really hard to keep a smile on my face when I'm around her anymore. Every little thing I say she snaps off something rude and gets pissed off trying to start a fight with me. I haven't showed her how much it's hurting me but lately I can't seem to hide it as easily.

"So you really haven't had sex with Allison since you marked her?" John asked in shock after about five minutes of staring at me with a dumb look on his face. "Really not once?" He said looking at me wide eyed when I shook my head no.

"That's just crazy. Me and Sara did it every chance we got, shit we still do it all the time." I couldn't help but just nod my head, that's what I've heard about every newly mated couples. Shit I still catch my parents together in weird places like they couldn't even make it to their room. But here I am only a couple weeks into being mated and haven't done it once since we first consummated it. I don't try to push her into doing it even know some times I know she wants to. We always get to the point were I want to jump up and down and scream 'holy fuck were going to actually do it again' like a horny teenager but then she always stiffens up and pulls away.

When we pulled up to the pack house I lost my train of thought and groaned out loud. I really wasn't in the mood to be here. It wasn't the type of house you could clear your mind even if you wanted to. It wasn't anyone's house or anything, really it was more like a community center for the pack. It was a really big house with lots of rooms and always had a stocked fridge. Most of the newly turned werewolves or newly mated werewolves come here to hang out. The whole down stairs was full of t.v.s, game systems and spare rooms that you could crash in if you needed to just get away for a few nights or just didn't feel like going home that night.

The upstairs on the other hand was more for pack business, full of offices and conference rooms. It was where most of the money came from. We had a construction company and a few restaurants and the bowling ally, they did pretty good for a small town. Which we may of been a small town but we were the bigger one out of most towns around here. Most of the pack worked for them unless you went to college and got a better job. The men usually worked in construction and the women stuck with the restaurant businesses unless you were under 18 and wanted a job then you got the shitty jobs like doing the dishes, waitressing, babysitting or shining balls. That's one of the main reason I never had a job. My parents were there if I needed anything and I figured I would just work in construction when I graduated like my dad anyway. I never thought that I would be preparing myself to become Alpha.

That's one thing most people are born into. I know that alpha blood ran through my veins on my mom's side but I never thought it was enough to land me an Alpha position. Well I guess under the circumstance there wasn't much to choose from. My thoughts were interrupted when I heard John's truck door slam. I looked over to see John walking around the truck to my side then open my door.

"Man I know your going to be alpha and all but damn I didn't think you were the type to make me open the car door for you." John said waiting for me to get out of the truck.

"Dude I wasn't waiting on you to open my door. I was waiting for my kiss." I said jumping out of the truck at him making kissing noises. He jumped back putting his hands in front of his face.