36

I woke up early as usual. Today is Christmas Eve, so I'm sure Victoria and her family will wake up soon. The first thing I did after stretching my muscles was calling my dad. We both don't usually celebrate Christmas much, but we always make sure to call each other at the morning to wish each other a Merry Christmas, since I always stay at my penthouse while my dad stays at our mansion.

I don't think it's weird for you to not celebrate it. I mean I've done that almost my whole life. I guess my dad and I are just too busy. Even as a boy, I didn't find Christmas that exciting. I mean, what's so special about exchanging gifts and eating a lot more than usual?

Oh, but I always go to this party where all the workers from our companies go to celebrate it. But that's it. I've never really done much on this kind of day.

I waited for my dad to pick his phone up. After two rings, he picked up. "Merry Christmas, son."

I smiled, "You too, dad. What are you gonna do today?"

"Oh, just the usual. Going to the office to finish some works, oh and by evening I'm going to your uncle Sean's house since he insisted for me to come."

I nodded but forgot that he couldn't see me. "Oh. Well then, have a great time."

He sighed heavily. "I really don't want to go." I chuckled. We both are so alike. "What's going on there? How's everything? Is she good?"

My smile faded as I thought about Victoria. She seemed pretty weak lately. She doesn't talk much as she used to, and she always wants to be alone in her room. One time, I saw her crying while she was lying on her bed. Something smelled and then I realized she vomited. I went to clean her up and after I was done, she shut me out completely.

Nathan came by almost everyday and I was pissed. Everytime I went to tell him to fuck off, Mikayla would clear her throat and glared at me warningly. So I just sat there, watching him going in and out of Victoria's room when she didn't even let me breathe the same air as her.

I learned his name is actually Nathan when Victoria laughed at me the day after his first visit. She told me how much he loath me because of that. Well, the feeling is mutual.

"I can't really say that she's good." I sighed.

"I understand. Of course she's gonna get worse."

I frowned, "Wait. How do you-" I cut myself off when something clicked. Of course he knows. "When did you..?"

"After the first time you told me about her. I immediately got straight into it. You never talked about girls, so I got curious and so-"

"So you know about her disease before me, huh?"

There was a slight pause before he answered, "If you didn't already know during that time, I guess yes."

I let out a breath. But then someone knocked on my door. "Look dad, I gotta go. I'll text you later, okay?"

"Sure, I also need to get ready to go to the office. Bye." And then he cut the call.

"Come in." I said and Jackson opened the door. I raised my eyebrows because we don't usually talk. Aside from those soccer and football arguments, of course.

"Vicky wants to see you." My heartbeat increased right after he said that. Victoria wants to see me. This is the first time in this week, I mean, she's been ignoring me all week. I nodded my head and thanked him before I rushed downstairs to her room.

Okay, calm down. I took a deep breath before I opened the door to reveal her on her bed, drawing something on a drawing pad. She seemed calm. I walked in and closed the door behind me. I took a seat on a chair beside her.

"Hi." I greeted.

"You never seem to learn, huh?" She asked, but her eyes are still focused on the drawing pad.

"W-What?" I was a bit shocked by her words. Did I do something wrong?

She finally gave her full attention to me and gave me that beautiful smile of hers, "You still barge into my room without knocking on the door first."

I let out a breath I didn't know I held. "Oh. Sorry about that." I scratched my cheek.

She put the pad down, "I mean, I've been scolding you about it but I guess you don't take my words seriously."

My eyes widened, "No no no, baby I-"

Out of nowhere, she started laughing. I looked at her as if she was crazy, but after that, I joined her and laughed too. I didn't know what made me laugh, but I just did.

After we both have calmed down, she grinned and stared at me. I smiled at how cute she looked. Our eyes kept locking with each other for quite a while before she called my name. I hummed.

"I'm sorry." She said.

I frowned, not liking her apologizing to me, "What for?"

She sighed, "For ignoring you these past days."

"Yeah, I'm curious about that." I said truthfully.

She chuckled, "I knew you would," She paused before continuing, "I was just...embarrassed."

I took her hands in mine, "Why would you be embarrassed?" I questioned.

"Well, you saw me.. Drowning in my own vomit and tears, which smelled horrible.. Hm, actually I wonder why is that?" She said and I chuckled a bit at her sarcasm at the end of her sentence.

I stood up from the chair and sat on the bed instead. I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her forehead. "Baby, I don't care about the vomit or how it smelled. I saw my love hugging herself, trembling while crying her eyes out and I knew I had to do something about it. All I care about is you. Nothing else matters." I said softly.

She stayed quiet. "Now, I don't want you to be embarrassed about yourself again, okay? Certain things happen on their own will and we can't do anything about it. There's no need to be ashamed of it. Okay?"

When she didn't answer, I asked her again, "Okay?"

She nodded her head slowly before mumbling an 'okay'. I smiled and rubbed her arm while still hugging her.

"Do you want to draw with me?" She asked after a while.

"Don't you want to go out and meet your family? I mean, it's Christmas after all."

She shook her head, "I just want to stay here a little longer."

I nodded and she gave me the pad. I chuckled after seeing her drawings. They are horri- not so good. She flipped to a blank page and then we scribbled on it together.