41

I looked at my own reflection in the hand held mirror which is owned by Cara as I sat down on my hospital bed. Tomorrow is the day which I will go to the operation room for the surgery.

It's been 2 weeks since I told them that I wanted to do this. All of them weren't very sure about it as I am. But well, I can't be the one to blame them because now that it really is happening, I'm sweating a ton. I'm very scared but it's not like I can suddenly change my mind.

Jackson hasn't talked to me at all. Everytime I asked him to sit down next to me, he would roll his eyes and leave the room. I can't blame him either.

I smiled at my reflection, as if assuring myself that everything will be okay. If anyone ever sees me do this, I think I'm going to crawl into a hole and live there for the rest of my life.

All of a sudden the door swung open making me jolt and I hurriedly put the mirror down. I looked at the person and rolled my eyes playfully as I see the love of my forever.

He smirked as he eyed between me and the mirror I tried to hide. He walked up to me and sat down beside me, immediately wrapping his arms around me securely.

He let out a breath, "You know, I was thinking of stealing you and get out of this boring place tonight for a romantic dinner," My eyes widened and I nodded my head eagerly, "but I completely forgot that you are fasting."

Oh. The realization hit me. I forgot about that.

I frowned and jutted my bottom lip out. Lucas chuckled and playfully tapped my temple. "I already asked your mom. I can accompany you for tonight." With this my eyes widened again and I grinned at him happily. He chuckled again and shook his head.

He pat on the pillow, telling me to lay down, and I did just that. He also laid down beside me, with his chest touching my back and his arms wrapped around my small petite body.

My previously small hospital bed has now upgraded into a queen sized and my previously ordinary hospital room has became a really comfortable room. It's all thanks to Lucas. I already told him not to do all this but he told me since I'm gonna stay here for long, why not make it an enjoyable one.

He rubbed small little circles on my arm with using his thumb as he hummed my recently favourite song of all time, Two Of Us by Louis Tomlinson. I let myself leaned more towards his touch as I closed my eyes, focusing to nothing else but his voice.

Suddenly he stopped humming. I turned my head around to ask him what's wrong but stopped myself when I heard him ask, "You know, I just realized something."

"What is it?"

"Your brother and your cousin have the same name."

I giggled. Well that was random.

Lucas met Jack last week, when he and aunt Hailee came to visit. I was completely in shock when I saw Jack, I mean, what would aunt Hailee say if mom or dad or J ask her about him.

And that's exactly what happened. When the three of them landed their eyes on Jack, they immediately asked who he was. While I, on the other hand, shouted internally at her and Jack telling them to run while they still can. But sadly they didn't receive my telepathy.

Anyways, my shock was upgraded when aunt Hailee casually told them that Jack is her son, as if she was talking about the weather. My orbs literally fell out of my socket.

At first they took it as a joke, but when they saw her unamused face, their laughters quietened down, and you can imagine the rest. Many questions were asked and all of the truth were revealed. My mom looked disappointed. But how can you not when your own sibling has kept a secret all to herself for about 19 years. Starting from her pregnancy, up until now when Jack is already 18.

I was brought back to the reality when I heard some snores from behind me. Lucas is already asleep, leaving me still wide awake and all alone. I sighed and shifted myself a bit to get a more comfortable position before closing my eyes to try and get some sleep.

As I closed my eyes, my lane of thoughts brought me to yet another memory I had of two days ago. It was when Lucas brought me to go ice skating. That day is definitely my most favourite day ever.

I was just drinking some juice with my dad beside me when the door to the room got opened, revealing Lucas, all sexy and handsome. His hair was messy but in a good way. He was wearing a black shirt which hugged his body, making all his body muscles visible. A jacket was hung on his fore arm and he's wearing the sneakers I bought him when I spent a day off from the hospital with my family.

I was about to greet him when he suddenly announced that we were going out.

My dad who was sitting this whole time suddenly stood up, with excitement cleared on his face. "Sure. Where are we going?"

Lucas and I looked at him with raised eyebrows, not understanding him. He looked between us, still with a smile on his face. But then he blinked two times before scowling. "Oh." Was the only thing he said before sitting back down.

He waved at us two in a shooing way, "Okay, fine, you guys go have fun." He said in a boring tone. I stiffled my laugh while Lucas just squinted his eyes, as if asking my dad, 'Seriously?'

I shook my head, remembering that silly moment and slightly chuckled.

"What are you laughing about?" A sleepy voice asked making me jump.

I turned my body around and looked up at him, "Weren't you asleep?"

He shrugged and pulled me closer to him before closing his eyes again. I let out a breath of comfort and slowly let the drowsiness consumed me.