Chapter 15

Would the time ever be right? I thought, gazing into Liam's eyes. I didn't know. What I did know was that the man that I saw in front of me was far from the boy that I had met in the Games. And the girl that he had once loved had been stripped away and broken a long time ago.

Change was a factor of Time and yet another thing I could not control.

"You didn't tell me of her?" Liam said, his voice steady, but his eyes little patches of wildfire. He was angry, but he knew he did not have the audacity to proclaim that emotion. Because, I had once been the unknowing under his command.

"She threatened my torture and your's," I replied casually turning away from him.

"What changed so that you could tell me?" he asked, a little subdued, but not much.

"I realized that she couldn't harm me now I have Raxis's future heir in me," I said sardonically, twisting back to him. "Then I saw that she wouldn't hurt a single hair on your head; for some strange reason, Naomi happens to care for you. Whether it's enough to overcome her loyalty to Raxis or her own nature; that, I do not know. So I told you."

"And what will you do now?" Liam inquired, stepping towards me.

"Wait for more information," I answered tightly. "And hope that I can kill Raxis."

----------------------------------

My body, though yearning once again for rest, was not allowed to commit such leisureful crimes. Instead I was called to Raxis. I braced myself through the interrogation that would quickly consume me; Raxis knew I had met with the angels. But not why.

The lie was on the tip of my tongue. So easy but how to deliver it? Casually, sadly, angrily? I decided I would go with where the conversation flowed and hope that it would intermix with the rest of our words. Raxis could not know of his impending demise, that, I was sure, would topple over all the angels' plans. It was time to play my part; and play it well I must.

Pushing open the door that led to Raxis's study, I marvelled at how little it had changed. The same black carpeting and black walls framed with the dying Competitors. The same massive mahogany desk graced the corner and the same man with his demonic smile sat on the couch, so eager for my arrival.

"Hello Raxis," I greeted him calmly, sitting down, with an inaudible sigh of relief on an opposing armchair. Every step lately, felt like it was killing me; I knew I should be commanded to bed rest. But there was so much to do; though admittedly, I did not know much except the hopeful end result.

"How has your sleep been, my Danielle?" he replied, his eyes taking in every inch of me. "Restful, I hope."

"It was extremely pleasant," I answered, keeping in line with a almost acidic tone. "It was such a pity when I had to wake up." Whatever Raxis thought he knew of me, if I kept my character polite and unassuming, then he would know immediately that there was a plan brewing, most likely between the angels and I. But if I assumed the role of the angry and rude Danielle that I had been clothed in, in my last awake moments; then he might think that my sleep had not been all that I desired.

"Ah, how I have missed you," he said softly, the smile widening. Black eyes, black heart, black soul. That was what I thought as I was sucked inside those crow-like depths.

"How I have not missed you," I said cuttingly, but with a sharp smile as a side. "

"Now," Raxis said, already shifting the taunts of welcome by. "why don't you tell me what you saw."

"And why do you want to know?" I asked defiantly, keeping my eyes cool and unwavering in his stare. "Surely you already know my dreams? Doesn't Raxis know everything?"