Prologue

This story, is going to be a full book, by the way, not just one chapter, if you're confused.

Here I was, standing here and waiting in this room for our lord and master, Raxis, to descend upon me. The time ticked by slowly and I knew that he was prolonging my misery purposefully. My fate was sealed and my choice had been uncovered. And now, all I could do, was wait for it to unfurl in front of me.

I remembered the sinking realization I had felt, as I had found the answer to the most difficult decision of all; the malevolence had glinted in Raxis’ eyes as I had opened my mouth.

"I have chosen."

Three simple words, and yet, he knew exactly where my mind had been torn to. And he had been waiting, with the silent deadliness of a snake- for me to voice my lasting decision. He had waited awhile, as fear and doubt had raged inside of me. To speak those words, that was the last nail in my coffin- the damning finality of it all smothering me. So, I had struggled to let my lips form into the shapes of syllabyles and he had watched me: dark amusement curling his lips upwards into a predatory smile.

The prey had been caught- the chase was over. Like a rabbit, trapped in the jaws of a wolf, there was no escape for me. Only two options: life or death. Sounding as if it would be easy to choose, but it had not. For life with Raxis was also a death in itself… But the Games of Pain, with relentless torture, also meant an eternity of pain.

The whole concept scared me. Chilled me to the bone.

It scared me senseless.

I would lie awake at nights, remembering my screams, and remembering the brutal pain: wave after wave after wave of constant pain. I was always left begging for mercy. The delusions were almost as bad. For each time they had appeared, I would forget that it was a trick, an illusion. And I would run to this place of wonder, thinking: escape is finally in my grasp.

Only to realize that there was no way that I could escape.

No way I could ever escape.

I cried, holding a faded and ripped cushion to my chest, letting my tears wetten the stained fabric. A jab of pain alerted me to the broken sofa: dilapidated to say the least. The dirty brown cover had been torn, revealing the wooden frame supporting the sofa inside. A part of the wood had splintered and poked me painfully on my leg.

Brushing away my tears angrily, I shifted my sitting position, cursing my emotions which reduced me to a pathetic mess. I was just a stupid seventeen year old girl. I shuddered, remembering the intense and terrible pain which had wracked my body whilst in the Games of Pain. How I had groveled at his feet, asking for forgiveness. I never thought of it until now, honestly.

I didn't like to think about what I had done.

To lose my dignity and pride, the only things I had left. Those virtues, or perhaps vices, snatched up by Raxis's eager ears. And then, I heard his merciless laugh, imprinted on my soul. That had been his answer to my pained begging. I would go back to the Games of Pain, stuck within those impenetrable cell walls once again. Going crazy, as I tried to escape again, and again, and again....

Always trying.

Always failing.

I didn't want to go back to the Games of Pain. But I had to. Too soon, I would be swallowed back up in that world of horror and screams, and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it.

However, the Games of Pain weren't ready for me right now.

I looked around this room- the floor strewn with angelically white wedding dresses. And all I could think about was what lay ahead for me…

Bride to a demon and wife of a destroyer.

Life of a prisoner.