27

Once again, sorry for not updating 🙏

A week passed since Beam's birth. Just as expected, some things didn't turn out well.

For example, Forth and Beam are having sleepless nights due to the fact the baby Aroon is a night owl. Even though he's just a newborn baby, they can't help but think why he's so active at night. When I say active I mean, he wakes up in the middle of the night and will sleep once again a little bit after 2.

Despite having a separate bedroom for the baby, the couple decided to let the baby sleep just beside them. The first day Beam tried to put Ron in his crib after sleeping, not long after that, wails can be heard coming from the baby's room. That is why they decided to put the crib in their room so they can monitor their son every now and then.

Of course having a baby around isn't easy! Who said that it is? Despite newborn babies are practically 'harmless', they can still bring you untranquil days and nights.

Moving on, the other couple (Ming & Kit) decided to visit their friends, and their 'nephew' also. They prepared food, and some gifts for their nephew such as clothes and toys. Once they ring the doorbell, they didn't expect to see such horrifying sight. 

There stood Forth, the man who was once an august man, now looking something similar to a raccoon. His mild complexion plus the tousled hair plus the dark circles under his eyes really look similar to the said animal. 

"Hey guys, what are you doing here?" Forth greeted his friends tiredly and yawns after doing so. 

"Er...P'Forth, are you okay?" Ming is concerned due to his senior's current state, so does Kit. Their friend flashes a tired smile and invited the couple inside the house. 

"Where's Beam?" Kit asks as soon as his butt lands on the soft couch in the living room. 

"He's watching the baby, let me call him first." Forth then went up the stairs to call his wife. Ming and Kit look at each other, worry etched on their faces. 

"Will we end up like them too Kitkat?" Ming can't help but ask his wife, his worries started to arise. 

"Of course Idiot! It's not easy to raise a baby you know." Kit replied. "Besides, we both have backgrounds about babysitting and stuff, it will come in handy when the time comes." Kit tried to reassure Ming. 

"Okay, if you say so." 

"Hey guys, what are you doing here?" Beam's voice interrupted their conversation. They look to the source of the voice and saw another horrifying sight. Beam is looking pale with dark circles highly evident under his eyes due to his light complexion, he now seems like a panda. 

"Are you guys okay? You seem like you did not have enough sleep." Kit voice out his concern to the couple. Both smiled timidly and nod their head.

"Yeah, we couldn't really sleep well. Not when Ron wakes up in the middle of the night and sleeps after 2. It's also hard figuring out what he needs from time to time." Beam explains. Kit and Ming share a glance and look at the couple in front of them with worry. 

"Where are you parents Ps? I'm sure your moms can help." Ming tried to help. 

"They'll be here tomorrow, their flight was delayed that's why." Forth reasons, Ming nods his head in understanding.

"By the way Ps, we brought you guys food." Ming added then handed the food to Forth. 

"Thank you so much! You guys are the best." Beam commented and assisted Forth in putting the food on plates. 

"We won't stay long Beam, Forth, you guys need to rest especially now that Ron's asleep." Kit advised. The other couple are thankful for having understanding friends like them, and so, their conversation continued. Not long after, Ming and Kit left their house.

~

Once Ming and Kit arrived at their house, they were surprised to see 2 familiar cars parked inside their garage. Feeling slightly excited and exhausted, the couple opened the door and was greeted by their respective parents.

"There you are! Where have you been?" Kit's mom greeted the couple, both kissing them on their cheeks and embracing them thereafter. 

"Went to visit Beam na~" Kit replied and hug his mother after. 

"I see, you guys sit down first. I'll get some drinks."  Ming's mom then went to the kitchen to prepare drinks. Ming and Kit discuss some matters with their parents, especially regarding Kit's pregnancy. They were both assured by their parents that they will stay and help Kit to raise the baby until Kit can already handle the baby himself. 

A/N: I know it's short, but I did try my best to write this chapter. Sad to say, this book will have 2-3 more chapters before it's marked completed. 

Thank you for supporting and reading na~