Chapter 1

Bria

"Bria, get your ass down stairs! It's time for breakfast." My step mom Lisa yelled up the stairs. I rolled over in my bed and checked my phone to see what time it was. It was 7:50 and I honestly didn't want to get up. My body still hurt from last night. I slowly got up and put my cheetah print house slippers on as I walked towards my bedroom door to go eat breakfast. I stopped and looked in the full length mirror at my body as I pulled up my shirt, I still had bruises from him all over my body and it hurt like a bitch. I walked downstairs slowly as last night replayed in my head over and over again.

*Flash Back*

"Bitch get the fuck over here!" Shad yelled from the living room in his huge mansion. I just walked in the house after shopping with my girls all day long and I was ready to sleep but it looked like I wasn't going to sleep tonight. "Where the fuck have you been all day? I been calling your ass and you don't want to pick up!" He said as he got off the couch and walked over to me, getting in my face. "Baby I left my phone at home, I'm sorry." I said softly as I looked at the floor nervously. He didn't say anything at all and I got scared, scared of what he was going to do to me next.

*Slap!* "What the fuck have I told you about forgetting your phone?" He said as he punched me in my stomach over and over again. "I'm sorry, baby just please stop!" I yelled as he hit me harder and harder. I began to cry and he finally stopped. "Don't make me have to do this again. Next time bring your fucking phone and I won't have to hit you. I'm out!" He yelled as he walked out the house and slammed the door. I laid on the floor crying, afraid to even move. Why do I continue to stay with him when all he does is hurt me?

*Back to Reality*

"Bria can't you hear me!" My step mom yelled once again as I snapped back into reality. "I'm sorry Lisa, what did you say?" I said as I started to eat some bacon. Lisa knew how to throw down in the kitchen, but it wasn't better than when my momma use to cook. "I said after you get out of class please get Kaylin and take her to work." She said annoyed as she fixed my dad something to eat. I nodded and continued to eat fast like I haven't eaten in days.

I finished up and put my plate in the sink and sat on the couch and turned the TV on. "Alright everyone I'm leaving, I'll see you later." My dad said as he kissed my step mom, hugged my sisters and kissed me on the forehead. "Baby girl don't be late for class and have a good day." He said as he smiled at me and walked out the door. I smiled back, I would always be daddy's little girl even if I was 60 years old. My little brother Jordan walked down the stairs and stopped when my step mom slapped him in the back of his head. We all laughed as he rubbed his head. "Ma what the fuck was that for?" He said as he sat on the stool and she slapped him again.

"Boy what did I tell you about cussing in my house? Don't think just because you & Janae turned 18 doesn't mean I won't whoop that ass." She said laughing and handing his food. I smiled at my family. I don't know how she managed to take care of me, my twin bro & sis and my baby sis at the same time but she was good at it. Like I always said though, she could never do it better than my mom, damn I missed her so much. I sometimes wish I could wake up to her beautiful singing like I use to 2 years ago but I knew that would never happen ever again. Why did God have to take my mom from me?

I walked upstairs and hopped in the shower for 30 minutes and got right back out as I walked into my walk in closet. I picked out some jeggings, a white shirt with gold chains hanging from it, a black cardigan and my Air Jordan Concord 11's. I picked out my matching Vicki secrets bra and panties and quickly got dressed. I looked in the mirror and pulled my hair into a messy bun and grabbed my phone, my bag and my car keys as I ran down stairs.

"Kaylin! Janae! Jordan! Let's go before I leave you all." I yelled as opened the front door but to my surprise they were all there by my black Range Rover 2012 waiting for me. I jumped in my car and put on my seatbelt as I turned on my iPod and hooked it up and started playing Tyga's new mixtape Bitch I'm The Shit. I dropped them off at my old high school Venice high school and told Kaylin I'd pick her up later. I sped off because I knew I was late for class but since my teacher Mrs. McCormick loved me, it didn't really matter. I pulled up next to my best friends Jessica & Samantha waiting for me.

"Girl, you hella late! You can't tell time or something?" Jess yelled as I jumped out and ran over to them giving them hugs. "Bitch you know I gotta drop off my siblings to school so don't sweat me." I said as we walked into school. "Well anyways hoe, tonight we're hitting the club and Tae invited us so we're going!" Sammy said as I laughed. I loved these girls; I never kept anything from them. Well except the fact the things that Shad did to me because I was terrified of what he would do if I told anyone.

I need to get out of this relationship...

--

Let me know what you think !