Chapter 17

A/N: This will be the last chapter here. I will continue "this world" in other stories, as I sorta like these boys! I have a lot more to write in my mind but it is probably more suited as a compilation of shorts rather than shorts that are strung together with barely plausible transitions.

I think I will leave you with a little more mush, you know I'm a sucker for it, and some more smut. Perhaps Sterek smut?

Oh, for those who asked, no; no Lydia or Allison here. This is Dax and Sterek. No fillers or artificial sweeteners. :p

- - Chapter 17 - Wonderful Life

(...cont'. from Ch. 16 - "You," he chortled. "Your mouth is all blue like a Smurf."

Danny's eyes narrowed as he grinned, pressing back into Jackson's mouth. "Yes, that's me. Stripper Smurf!"

They didn't hear the rolling eyes from Derek; the faked cough from Stiles, or see Scott pretending to gag himself with his finger.

The three wolves looked at each other and laughed. Danny and Jackson didn't stop kissing and Stiles motioned to Derek and Scott to go with him inside.

Derek looked at the two mates and then up at the sky and said 'Thank you!' silently.)

It was Saturday morning and Stiles was watching Boomerang in the media room. They were running a special day of cartoons of the past and it was Warner Brothers day. He was sitting in the floor, a very large bowl of Lucky Charms in his lap, cross-legged, a serving spoon waving about as he sang, like a conductor's baton. A normal sized bowl and spoon would not suffice. Mercy no!

"If you're on the highway and Road Runner goes beep! beep!

Just step aside or might end up in a heap.

Road Runner, Road Runner runs on the road all day.

Even the coyote can't make him change his ways.

Road Runner, the coyote's after you.

Road Runner, if he catches you you're through.

Road Runner, the coyote's after you.

Road Runner, if he catches you you're through.

That coyote is really a crazy clown,

When will he learn he can never mow him down?

Poor little Road Runner never bothers anyone,

Just runnin' down the road's his idea of having fun."

X x x

Derek was outside in the morning sun, replanting the two planters that were on either side of the pool house. Having his hands in the earth, touching the roots of the flowers, mulch and chlorophyll in his nostrils, these grounded him. The events of the last few months had been hard on his pack and he felt like he needed to be their anchor. He wasn't without his need to recharge after being drained though. Dirt and life coming from it did just that; it charged him.

Danny and Jackson had left earlier that morning. Jackson wanted to take some flowers to the cemetery and place at his parents' graves. Although not everyone understood why, he placed them at his mother's grave not just his father's. She had tortured him all his life but, like so many, she was herself tortured. She was an alcoholic and the product of abuse. Jackson vowed the cycle stopped with him. He wanted children but until he found his true mate in Danny, he thought that wasn't in the stars for him.

"Be careful what you wish for," Danny warned when the subject was broached, "you might just get it."

Jackson's reply at the time was to roll his eyes and just pushed Danny back onto the chair and smothered him in kisses.