Chapter 16

- - Chapter 16 - Stripper Smurf

(...cont'. from Ch. 15 - A voice from upstairs came, adding its two cents. "Yes! Say yes. You know how good Blue Velvet Cake is! Like Stiles would say, it's the awesomest!"

Everyone looked up the stairs to see Jackson, like a little kid, on his knees; his face pressed through the stair rails, looking down on his brothers with a large grin, his eyebrows waggling.

They all laughed in unison. It was going to be okay. Derek sighed inside and looked up at the sky, thankful for his family.)

Jackson woke up in the middle of the night screaming, and clutching his chest. He cried out, "Danny! Danny!"

He felt around pawing at the bedclothes. He was alone. His keen werewolf eyes betrayed him as he had tears in them. He took in a deep whiff and he smelled his mate; he wasn't in the room.

Derek came bounding into the room, eyes flashing to defend his family! Stiles was on his heels as was Scott.

"What's the matter?" Derek shouted, flipping on the light.

"Danny! Where's Danny?" Jackson cried out, the effects of the bad dream still lingering. A crash like a breaking drinking glass came from downstairs and running up the stairs. "Jackson!" a voice shouted.

"Jackson!" came a voice from behind the three wolves, as its owner ran past them in the bedroom doorway. "I'm here, Jackson. It's okay, I'm here." It was Danny.

Danny raced to Jackson's side, holding him. He wrapped his arms around his blond mate, making soft 'shhh, shhh' sounds, and stroking his hair. Danny looked up at the three shapes in the doorway and closed his eyes slowly, and nodded.

Stiles and Scott had a look of concern, and compassion in their eyes, but retreated back to their own rooms. Derek shifted back to human, knowing his family was okay, and stayed for just a moment longer.

He looked at the tan young man with concern. "Danny, is he okay? This is the third time he has cried out tonight, but this time it was bad. I really thought something happened."

Danny just looked at Derek, love for his Alpha apparent. "Derek, I know. I'm sorry you guys are being woken up, it's-"

"No, Danny. Listen. It's not about that. We are family. You are my family just like Stiles and Jackson, and now Scott. I'm just worried. I'm worried for him and for you. When my parents died all I had was my sister. If it wasn't for her I might not be here. I'm glad Jackson has you for a mate. Only a statue could miss that you love him. I mean, we are concerned for you too. If you need help we expect you to ask us. Pack is more than family in the human sense. Do you understand?" His tone took a serious note.

Danny heard the tone change in Derek's voice and smelled the love and protection he was projecting. He looked at Derek with wet eyes, still holding his mate, who was peaceful now, quiet in his arms. "Derek?"

"Yes?"

"Thank you. I love you." Danny smiled at him.

The Alpha looked at Danny and smiled back. "I love you too. Try and get some rest."

Derek walked back to his room and crawled back alongside Stiles, under the soft sheets.

"Is he going to be all right?" Stiles asked.

"Yes, I told him he better ask us if he needs anything."

Stiles huffed and rolled to face Derek. "No, I meant Jackson. I know how I was when I lost my mom but I still had my Dad. Plus my mom didn't pull a gun on me."

"Stiles!" Derek admonished trying to keep quiet. 'What's the matter with you?' he thought to Stiles, anger evident. 'Jackson could hear you!'

'Derek, I'm sorry, but I'm scared. I don't know how to handle this. I don't know what to do... I feel like I need to do something.' he replied silently.