Chapter 16

I was tired of fainting, that was the first thing I knew when I woke up again. I groaned when I felt my pounding headache register to my senses. "What's a matter?" Sebastian said right next to me. I wasn't startled by it like I was before. "You act like a stalker, you know that right?" I ignored his question easily. 

He laughed, "Yes, but this is different, We're-" I interrupted him, "Yeah yeah, we're mates. Why don't I feel drawn to you or something?" He was silent, but I could feel him smirking. "'Drawn to me'? Really, that is the best you can come up with?" He mocked. I moaned and rolled over, pulling my pillow over my head, "Answer the question." 

He pulled up one corner of my pillow, "You're not eighteen yet." I tossed my pillow in his general direction and flipped over again. I overestimated how far away he was from me and bumped into his chest. I could feel that he was propped up sideways on one arm. "You aim pretty accurately for not being able to see me.", He plopped the pillow onto my stomach. 

"You talk so much, it's easy to know where you are." I retorted, swinging the pillow under my head. He was quiet for a moment. "You're so beautiful," He murmured, his fingertips gently grazing my cheek. I blushed and turned away from him. He groaned and fell onto his back, "If only you could feel it, the bond is so strong." 

"What would you do if I told you that I liked someone else?" I asked timidly. He froze, all of his muscles locking into place. "It's that snake Conifirous isn't it? He seduced you and forgot to mention about mates!", He fumed standing up quickly. I could hear how angry he was, he was furious. "I'm sorry." I whimpered, afraid of this new side of him that I have never seen before. 

"No," He murmured, his hands carefully cupped my face and his forehead touched mine gently, "In no way is this your fault." I froze, hearing his breath gradually slow down. He exhaled in a gust and released me lightly. "On an other, completely off subject, hand, I talked with the doctor here and he figured out how they made your sight go." 

I leaned back a little, shocked. "Does that mean you can fix it?", I gasped. "Yes," He said excitedly after a moment, "Yes we can fix it." I froze, stunned. He laughed, his hands grabbing mine, thrilled. I started laughing too, and I hugged him suddenly. "Thank you," I sobbed, my laughter turning into tears, "Thank you so much!" 

"Hey, there," He murmured, wrapping his arms around my waist, "Don't cry, love. It's the least I can do." I buried my face in his shoulder and sobbed again. He laughed, "Do always cry this much?" I pulled back and playfully slapped him, "No, you just make me cry." 

He laughed again. "How old are you anyway, you act like you're three." I pulled the cover up over my head. "I told you I was seventeen." I mumbled. He poked my forehead through the cover, "But how close are you to being eighteen?" I flipped the cover down dramatically and sighed loudly. "You kidnapped me, why should I tell you anything?"  

"Technically, I saved your life." 

"Right after you put it in danger." 

"No, besides the tunnel." I turned towards him curiously, "What do you mean?" He inhaled sharply, "They completely left you in the dark didn't they?" I rolled my eyes, "Ha ha, you're funny." "No I'm being serious, they didn't read you the prophecy? Tell you the legend, nothing?" He questioned. 

"He told me the prophecy." I said, but even as I said it, the nagging doubt of what he left out came back. "All of it?", He prodded gently. "What did he leave out then?", I exclaimed, tired of his avoiding my question. "At the end, it explains that you die. She will die, with the flame of her dragon. You and Lazuli both." I moaned and covered my face with my hands. 

"Why is life out to get me?" 

He gently rubbed my back, "I won't let them." I rubbed my eyes and leaned into his shoulder. "A week." I said suddenly. "What?" He questioned instinctively, startled. "I'm a little less than a week from being eighteen.", I explained. He froze, when he spoke his voice was hurt, "Why did you try to hide this from me?" 

"I don't know what is going to happen. I don't want anymore change." I murmured, ducking my head into his shoulder. "Nothing has to change, you will only feel different if you want to, about me." His voice grew really quiet, "It's your choice, I won't blame you if you decide not to." I stayed silent, his words touching my heart. 

"Thank you," I whispered, "I have to know you more before I decide." He pushed me back by my shoulders, "Okay, we'll do that, but wouldn't you want your sight back first?" I nodded eagerly, smiling widely. "Let's go." He laughed, pulling me up by my hands and leading me out of the room. I followed him easily, and it startled me how much I trusted him already. 

"Hello," Someone called from in front of us. "Hi Doctor Max, I told her about you and she was excited to come." Sebastian said as he led me to a chair. I sat down and tilted my head to the side, trying to pinpoint a strange murmur that was sounding from someone inside the room. 

"I see that you are already relying on your hearing so much that it improved. What you're trying to hear is my electronic heart." He explained lively as I heard a chair roll in front of me. "Like you heard, I am Doctor Max, call me Max, if you will Princess. I heard about your problem and I can fix it, but first I need to look at your eyes." 

He had such a warm, comfortable attitude, that I nodded. He gently touched my cheek near my eye, and I guessed he was shining a light into it. "Yeah, It was just as I predicted." He sighed. I shifted uncomfortably, noticing his sudden mood change. Sebastian placed his hand on my shoulder, "What does that mean?" He must've noticed it too. 

"The procedure that this requires is painful and it will take time for it to heal." Max said soberly. Sebastian growled and pulled me closer to him, "Why are you just now mentioning this Doc? You told me that this wouldn't hurt her." Max stood, I could hear him, but I also knew because Sebastian moved to where he was in front of me. 

I could feel the heat coming off of him and smell his unique scent. "I didn't tell you because I knew you would instantly reject the idea. I wanted to get the Princess's opinion on the subject. Overall, I think it should be her decision, it changes her life." Max said, sounding resigned. 

Sebastian started to say something, but I interrupted him. 

"I'll do it."

A/N

Anybody up for a P.O.V change? Which ne would you like better, Sebastian, or Connor? I'm already in love with Sebastian, but I'm sure alot of you are still rooting for Connor. If I get enough comments and votes, I'll do one of each. Sorry about the late update, no internet for a while, bright side is, I already have some of the other update finished, so it will come up sooner.

(I don't really like doing the whole Vote Comment thing, so just try to remember:))