Chapter 1

Summer. The word every kid lives and breathes for. Three months of doing nothing but sleeping, eating, and watching T.V with your friends. 

    Well, the teachers at Derrmiss, pronounced Deer-miss, are trying their best to drag out the last day of school. A two-hour long assembly at the begging of school started the extremely long day. 

    Luckily, the rest of the day was mostly movies and free time. Except for my fifth hour, where Mr. Leams tried to be cool with a learning game. Which nobody likes, and he smiled and laughed as we left, grumbling complaints to our friends. 

    Last hour, everyone was excited and keyed-up. Last hour teachers were the same. So they didn't even try to calm the class during the movie. 

    I was tired throughout the day. I couldn't sleep for the past few weeks. I kept having nightmares about flying and then falling. I was about to go to sleep when a burning pain slashed through my thigh. 

    I gasped loudly and everyone near me looked at me curiously. I stood and stumbled to the door. After a few seconds of fumbling with the door handle, and some whispers, I managed to make it into the hallway. 

    I half-ran half-tripped down the abandoned hallway. I somehow made it to the janitor's hall closet. My hand slipped from the door handle and I fell to my stomach in the main hallway. 

    I could feel some warm liquid pooling and seeping into my clothes. I couldn't move to look at what it was though. I was too tired. I just wanted to go to sleep. 

    When I was halfway to being unconscious I felt arms slide under me and lift me up. My eyes were closed so I didn't know who it was. I was to tired to open them. 

    "She shouldn't be unconscious this fast.", a girl's voice said as if through a tunnel. I could feel my head in her lap. I couldn't feel anything from my waist down. 

    "It's Danem poison.", A guy's voice said, a little clearer then the girl's. "Oh no.", The girl whispered, their voices getting clearer and louder every second. 

    I suddenly felt a wave of boiling pain wash over my lower half. My scream was muffled by someone's hand and the last bell of school. I heard someone curse softly. 

    I sobbed as the pain receded but I knew it would only get worse. I wasn't lucky enough for it to stop here. "What happened?", The girl asked. 

    I didn't know if she was talking to me or not. I whimpered as the pain started to grow again. "She was in class, she gasped and ran out the door.", The guy said. 

    Someone's hand covered my mouth again as I cried out. "Let's get her out of here. We can heal her at the house, everyone should be gone by now.", The guy said softly. 

    I bit back another scream as he picked me up carefully. "Who is she anyway?", The girl asked. My hand clenched into a fist and I held my breath. 

    "Maria Stowns,", He answered quietly. 

    I gasped and buried my face into his chest. The world was spinning an my hand clenched into a fist around his shirt. Under the pain I could hear faint whispers trying to tell me something. 

    "What did you say?", He asked me softly. I blinked and gasped. The pain was slowly getting worse and my vision was blurring. I don't remember saying anything. I tried to speak but the words got stuck in my throat. 

    "She's probably hearing what's happening around-", The girl started. "Oh, yeah. I forgot.", He said softly. He gently laid me down in the backseat of a car. 

    The girl gently smoothed my hair back and pulled my head carefully into her lap. "W-what's-", I gasped, struggling to pronounce the words. "Shh.", She murmured as I cried out softly, the pain was spreading up my waist. 

    "What's happening back there?", The guy asked from the front seat. I couldn't see either one of them through the pain and the blurring of my vision. "She's trying to talk. Probably asking about what's happening.", The girl responded. 

    "Is it affecting her sight yet?", He asked. "She has her eyes closed.", The girl said loudly as we turned. I had closed my eyes and turned my face to the side to deal with the pain. I tried to focus on the vibrating of the car under me. 

    "Ask her and see if she will open them.", The guy said calmly. "I need to see your eyes. Will you open them please, Maria?", The girl said softly to me. Taking a deep, shaking breath, I opened my eyes. 

    My breathing got rapid as I realized that I couldn't see anything. "Hurry up Connor! Her eyes are covered!", The girl said loudly. I started to panic and my hands went to see what was blocking my eyes. 

    She grabbed my wrists and pinned them down to my sides. "Calm down, you're going to be fine.", She said soothingly to me, to Connor she said, "We need to get home Connor, Now!" He grunted and the car jerked sharply under me. I cried out as my injured leg jerked and the burning pain began to get worse again. 

     I couldn't focus on anything else besides the pain, despite how hard I tried. My senses were blocked out by the waves that threatened to drown me. I tried to focus on the outside world but I was blocked by a huge black wall. 

    I tried to stay conscious. I knew that I could possibly die if I fell asleep. But the pain was too much, it overwhelmed me, and before I could realize it, I was drifting without sights, sounds, pain.

A/N

Sorry if it has a few grammer errors. I really need to find an editor. :l