12 | heroin

12 | HEROIN

Within a few days, the hospital released Nicole

Within a few days, the hospital released Nicole. And the only person that managed to pick up the phone to come pick her up was Tommy. They were riding over to Nikki's house in the car, when Nicole suddenly asked him about his ex-fiancée, Roxy. "What happened to Roxy, Tommy?" Nicole asked, nonchalantly.

The name infuriated him, he hated the bitch now. "She wouldn't stop calling me mom a cunt. So I kicked her out." Tommy smacked his lips in an annoyed way.

"Good." Nicole huffed.

"Why do you say that?" Tommy turned to look at Nicole.

Nicole knew that Tommy was still clueless as to the fact that Roxy had slept with Nikki and that's what ended her own relationship. Though Tommy had moved on, to a new girl named Heather, she didn't want to be the one to tell him about her infidelity. "No reason." She shrugged.

"You gone to see Vince yet?" Nicole asked him, suggesting that Vince was already locked up and due to go to court soon.

"Yeah, once. He's got a shit ton of stuff to take care of. Especially since his wife is pregnant, too." Tommy sighed, sad for his friend.

Just then, Tommy pulled into Nikki's driveway. He hopped out of the car and helped Nicole out of the car. She used the crutches she was given to head up to the front door with Tommy by her side to make sure she wouldn't fall. "I think I got it from here, Tom. Thank you." She reached for a hug and he gladly accepted it.

"Anytime, Nic. You take care of yourself, alright?" Tommy bobbed his head at her.

She smiled sweetly at him. "You, too, Tommy." She waved him off then entered Nikki's house.

It was utterly silent and the ambiance was very gloomy. All the lights had been dimmed down and she could barely see past a few feet in front of her. "Nikki?" She called out, then made her way down to his bedroom.

There, she found him laying asleep on his large bed. He looked paler than usual and looked as if he had lost at least a few pounds since she last saw him. But she didn't think much of it, she simply thought he was depressed and could recover quickly by returning to making music. She plopped herself on the bed and laid next to him, watching his chest peacefully rise and fall. She noticed a bandana tied to his bicep and a bit of bruising around his inner elbow. She lifted her head and grabbed his arm to analyze it.

She instantly recognized those markings to be needle markings. She knew partially because of the few times she had indulged in heavy drugs, and also because the junkies at the parties she attended, whilst away from Nikki, had the same bruises lining the fold of their arms. "Nikki!" She shouted at him, shaking him aggressively.

Nikki groaned and mumbled curse words under his breath, irritated that he had been awoken so abruptly. "What? What? What do you want, Nic?" Nikki smiled small at the sight of her, glad to see her home.