5 | graduation

5 | GRADUATION

Once everyone was there, Nicole ended up being seated next to Vince's annoying girlfriend while the band set up

Once everyone was there, Nicole ended up being seated next to Vince's annoying girlfriend while the band set up. While the boys handed each other papers and set up their instruments, Vince's girlfriend silently side eyed everyone else in the room. "Are you okay?" Nicole turned to the girl.

"I'm just trying to make sure these guys are good enough to play with my baby." She spoke like she was disgusted with everything in the room.

Nikki overheard and knitted his brows together in an almost angry manner. Nicole tried to suppress her laughs by pretending to cough, but, she was saved by Mick breaking the awkward tension by beginning to play his guitar.

Vince began to sing as he read the lyrics off of the paper. "Plug me in, I'm alive tonight.
Out on the streets again.
Turn me on, I'm hard to stop
Something you'll never forget"

It was a pretty good song, for Nicole, especially since she knew Nikki had wrote the song himself. But, clearly, Vince's girlfriend didn't like it as she was shaking her head and cringing at the music. She stood up and began to wave her hands to stop the band. "This isn't right!" The music stopped.

"Sorry, what?" Nikki asked her.

"The musics way too heavy, baby." The girl ignored everyone else to speak directly to Vince.

Tommy snorted, as that was the point of the music. "Thank you!" Nikki sarcastically replied.

"Well, uh, why don't we just tune it all down a whole step so that he can—" Mick spun his finger in the air, indicating that they needed to start over.

"Let's play it faster, too." Tommy shouted, so that Vince's annoying ass girlfriend could hear.

"If you really stretch out the chorus... and punch the top, man. Hit this note over here." Nikki mumbled over some notes to Vince about his singing.

"Oh, and muzzle that." Nikki pointed to Vince's girlfriend.

"Hey, fuck you, asshole! He doesn't tell me what to do, so go fuck yourself, motherfucker!" The girl jumped to her feet, as if her skinny ass was about to fight someone.

Mick, once again, saved the situation by beginning the song by blasting his guitar riff. Tommy jumped in and began playing his drums, triggering the start of the song. Nicole stood up and grabbed her arm, lightly, to lead her back to her seat.

Vince sang it again, this time, much quicker and with the applied notes for Nikki. His vocals were on point and the rest of the began was playing so fast that the energy in the room literally came alive. And just like that, Nikki was right. They were the best band Nicole had ever seen. They worked so well so together, musically, that it seemed almost natural for them to create that song within the minutes that they had banded together.

* * *

A few weeks later, it was Nicole's graduation. She had passed all of her classes with flying colors, had applied to law school and was already accepted into early admissions. Although she had been accepted, she was holding off to respond to the school so that she could keep hers and Nikki's promise over the summer.

She had invited Nikki to her graduation, but she didn't know whether he'd show up or not— since it was never his kind of scene. Her parents were busy with work and no one else could come see her walk the stage other than Nikki. But, at that point, she was simply walking the stage to get it over with.

As Nicole was waiting in line to hear her name her called so that she could walk the stage, she stopped something glimmering in the audience. She looked over and saw some metal pieces on someone's boot. Her eyes followed the boot upward and locked onto the face of Nikki Sixx. He had came, dressed entirely in his usual leather pants, flamboyant boots and black t-shirt. He held a bouquet of yellow flowers in his hands and when he realized she had seen him, he smiled over at her.

She smiled small at him and waved discreetly so that she wouldn't gain too much attention. But, before she knew it, she heard her name called over the speaker. "Nicole Jenkins." They announced, and she proudly made her way across the stage to grab her diploma.

* * *

"You came!" Nicole kissed Nikki on his cheek, making him a bit flustered. He had slowly, and undeniably, realizing how much he truly did care for Nicole. He could admit, before he didn't find much interest in her, romantically. But now, it seemed so different to be around her. She was absolutely beautiful and so intelligent. She seemed so innocent and pure as well, something Nikki wanted to have for himself.

"These are for you." He handed her the flowers.

She grabbed them and smiled. "Thank you, Nikki."