23. Graduation

Two months later

"Olivia, come on." Hermione berated. She wore a pretty periwinkle sundress, her hair curled and pinned up. However, the expression she bore wasn't pretty.

Olivia streaked through the bedroom and Draco caught a good look at his daughter. She was covered, from head to two, in mud. Her pretty pink dress was in tatters and completely ruined. Hermione stomped in behind her, brandishing a new, purple dress. Olivia giggled and ran into the closet, shutting the door. Draco tried to hide his amused smile behind his hand.

"Olivia." Hermione barked. She glanced at her watch, which informed her she was almost ten minutes late. "Come on! We're going to miss the ceremony. Olivia Avery Malfoy!"

Dejectedly, Olivia crawled out of the closet. She stared at her once shiny, black shoes, focusing on them to avoid her mothers stern glare.

"Liv, put on the dress mommy has. Quickly please." Draco asked kindly. Olivia nodded and accepted the dress, going to her bedroom to put it on. She returned, clean. Well, except for her hair and shoes. Hermione waved her wand and both were clean. She walked over to her daughter and tied her hair in a high ponytail, wrapping it with a lilac bow.

"Come on, we have to go." said Hermione. She shouldered her purse and grasped Olivia's hand. Draco wrapped around her waist and led his small family out the door. The corridors were bustling with students. They paid no mind to the family.

It was the day of graduation. All eighth years, along with the seventh years who had opted to advance, were congregating on the grounds around the Black Lake. Hundreds of chairs were there, waiting for the families of the pupils who were graduating. Many of them were already filled. Hermione laid a gentle hand on Draco's arm. He saw his mothers, sans Lucius, and made his way over to her. Meanwhile, Hermione steered Olivia toward her parents, who were seated next to the Weasley's.

"Hermione, how are you? Oh my, Olivia. You have grown so much." Molly Weasley exclaimed, hugging her quasi-granddaughter tightly. Olivia grinned charmingly as she hugged everyone.

"Hello Grandma Molly." She chimed. Her blue eyes searched everyone's face. Finally, she settled on George and walked over to him, sitting down right beside him. He smiled, but the twinkle was lost. He had not quite fully recovered yet since the death of Fred.

"Liv, please be good? Daddy and I will see you after wards." Hermione pleaded. She kissed the top of her head and went to join her friends and peers. Harry was talking with Ginny, who looked stunning. She seemed to glow and Hermione took notice to a glimmering ring on her finger. It had been placed there the night before, and the Weasley hadn't found out yet. Not that they would be very pleased. Hermione remembered the way Molly reacted to Fleur and Bill, and they were even older.

"You ready?" Draco whispered in her ear, wrapping his arms around her waist.

Hermione smiled brightly. He held her hand tightly until they were forced into their alphabetical lines. The graduates were led out into the sunshine. The families smiled at their respective children, waving and giving them the infamous thumbs up. Hermione glanced the Weasley's way and saw Ginny's ring was turned inward.

"And now I'm going to allow the Head Girl to give a speech. Miss Granger, if you please." Headmistress McGonagall said. Hermione moved forward, to the stand. She coughed, tapping her throat with her wand. "Sonoras."

"Hello everyone, and thank you for coming. I stand here today, with my fellow peers. Over the past few years, we have suffered a lot. But, through that suffering, I feel like I have gained so much. I learned what it was to have everlasting friendships. Though my friends might have been a little bit...stubborn, shall we say?" Hermione paused as the crowd laughed. She looked back at Harry and Ron, who were beaming, before continuing. "Along with friendships, I've found true love. Our love is a bit unprecedented, but it is equally as great as it is new. I think that this year I learned the most. I learned to look past exteriors, and even past the first layer of interior. We all have our ghosts, some heavier than others. What I have come to find, is we need to learn to let them go. The past is the past, we need to move on to the future. Which is what we're here to do today. We, as the graduates of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, are the future of our world. We are here to move forward."

Hermione smiled and left the stand. Her throat was sore, but the applause was deafening. She took her seat on the stage. She let out a sigh. Finally, people knew how she felt. It was time for the diplomas. Each graduate got a certificate.

"Granger, Hermione." Flitwick shrieked. Hermione smiled and received her diploma, with Head Girl written on it in a loopy script. Dumbledore she remembered. Her heart felt heavy.

The names continued. "Malfoy, Draco. Potter, Harry. Weasley, Ginerva. Weasley, Ronald." And so on, and so forth. Hermione waited until everyone was finished. McGonagall said a few more words, before they were herded into the Great Hall for a special dinner. Hermione found Draco, clutching his hand tightly. They walked over to the Weasley's, who were with Olivia.

"Daddy! Mommy!" She squealed, running forth and into her fathers arms. Molly Weasley's eyebrows shot up.

"Daddy?" She breathed. Hermione bit her lip. She had omitted the truth about her boyfriend for some time now, and it was time to come clean.

"Molly, this is my boyfriend and the man I love, Draco Malfoy." Hermione said, her voice steady. Molly's eyebrow furrowed, but she nodded. However, there was a gasp from behind.

"Draco, is this true?" A regal voice gasped. Narcissa Malfoy placed her hand on her heart. Draco set Olivia down and faced his mother.

"Yes, this is Hermione. She is the love of my life." He said clearly. A few heads turned at those words.

"Draco..she's a mud-" Narcissa spat.

Draco raised a hand. "Don't finish that word." He spat right back. Hermione felt pride rise in her chest.

Narcissa frowned. "I have to go."

And the blonde left, a few disgruntled guests in her wake. Hermione moved into Draco's arms, placing a kiss on his lips. "Thank you, for standing up for me."

"Mom!" Ginny squealed, running toward her mother. She hugged her tightly and pulled back. Molly looked down and her mouth dropped.

"Ginevra Molly Weasley what is that on your finger?" She screeched, her face red. Harry's face froze. Hermione and Draco took that second to laugh brightly.