11. Olivia

Tori announced that they would be going to the orphanage in one hour, so to meet back up in fifty minutes or so. Draco and Hermione scampered home, to create last minute preparations for Olivia. They used magic to make the walls pinks, transfigured the bedspread and sheets to be pink instead of the boring white. The room was empty, lacking in toys and clothes. The couple decided to wait until she was there to pick them out.

"Come on Hermione, we need to get back." said Draco. She jumped up, excited. Hermione locked hands with her boyfriend, her heart thudding. They walked into the square. Draco wandered over to Blaise Zabini and Luna Lovegood. Hermione walked over to Ginny and Harry.

"How old is your girl?" implored Harry, his arms wrapped around Ginny's waist.

"Three years old. The twins?"

"One year old." replied Ginny, smiling. "Their name is Liam and Lucas. They're from Ireland with black hair and blue eyes. So cute!"

"Olivia's from Wales with brown eyes and blonde hair."

"Attention Students!" shouted Tori. Hermione turned away from her friends and moved towards Draco. "We'll be leaving now. You'll need to apparate to the corner of East 82nd Street and Haler Avenue in London. Okay, go now."

They nodded collectively. Hermione gripped her wand and focused. She heard the crack and felt the squeezing sensation. In the next second, she was standing on a street corner. Muggles walked past her, not paying her a second glance. It only took a few seconds to deduce they didn't see any of the students. Tori stood on the top of the steps.

"Okay, I need couples with children twenty three months and younger over here." She motioned for the left. Ginny and Harry amongst the small group."Couples with children ages two years old to five years here." Draco and Hermione walked into front of her, along with Lavender and Ron. He completely ignored her. "And finally, couples with children age five to six."

"Okay, Mr. Edmund is here to take the youngest group, Mrs. Klein is here for the middle, and Miss Barr is here for the eldest." ordered Tori. Draco and Hermione followed their group and Klein up the stairs and onto the second level. It was a big playroom. Draco spotted Olivia immediately. She was in the corner, sitting on a rocking chair clutching a teddy bear. Hermione immediately moved over toward her. She bent down, smiling.

"Hello. I'm Hermione, you're Olivia right?" said Hermione sweetly. They girls brown eyes moved to Hermione's own.

"Hi Her-her-her..." The young girl's brow furrowed as she tired to pronounce her name.

"Sweet, you can call me Mione." said Hermione quickly, though she wanted to say Mommy.

"Why are you here?" inquired the inquisitive girl.

"Because, sweetie, you're going to come live with me and him." She jabbed her thumb over her shoulder, towards Draco.

"Who are you?" asked Olivia, directed towards Draco.

"I'm...Draco." said Draco finally. He was enthralled by the little girl. She was so...cute.

The feelings were slightly unwelcome. Malfoys do not think children are cute. They did not feel fuzzy on the inside. They remained stoic. Lucius Malfoy never coddled Draco, hell he barely spared him a glance as a child.

But Draco nearly swooned at the little girl. She was so innocent and pure.

"Are you going to be my new mommy?" whispered Olivia, returning her gaze to Hermione.

"Well, baby, for a few months yes." said Hermione uneasily.

"My mommy and daddy died..."

Hermione held out her arms. Olivia cautiously stood up, and moved into Hermione's waiting arms.

"Young Olivia." said a voice from behind. They turned around and saw Mrs. Klein. She smiled at Olivia. "She's very sweet. Hello Olivia."

Olivia peeked over Hermione's shoulder and waved her tiny hand.

"Does she have any possessions?" asked Draco. The woman nodded.

"Not a lot. A few clothes and her teddy bear, along with a book of pictures from her parents and a locket. She didn't come with much." sighed Klein. Draco went and retrieved her bag, marveling at all the young children in the room. Quickly he moved back towards his girlfriend and their new 'child'. They walked into the hallway, and down the stairs. Tori told them that they could return to their homes. The pair did just that.

Hermione held onto Olivia tightly. Night had fallen early, around four o'clock. The winter solstice was fast approaching. Hermione decided to cook dinner, so she set Olivia down on the couch, reluctantly mind you.

"Okay sweetie, what do you want do dinner?" Hermione asked.

Olivia cocked her head to the side. "Mac'n'cheese, please?"

The little girl's request was simple enough. Hermione was happy to find out that she actually had two boxes of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese sitting in the cupboard. The young witch used magic to make the water instantly boil and she poured the noodles in it. They had to cook for about ten minutes, so she wandered into the living room. The sight surprised her. Draco was reading a childrens book to the young girl. Hermione cocked her head to the side, smiling to herself. She didn't want to interrupt, so Hermione returned to the kitchen and finished the mac'n'cheese. It was done just as she set out a pitcher of pumpkin juice.

"Dinner's ready." announced Hermione. Draco walked into the kitchen, Olivia's tiny hand clutched in his own. Warmth filled Hermione's entire body. I'm so blessed thought Hermione looking at the little girl. She was so innocent.

"Mmm." mumbled Olivia, after shoveling a large bite into her tiny mouth. She smiled hugely as she chewed. Draco stared at the dinner with curiosity.

"Granger, what is it?" implored Draco, not even bothering to mask the disgust. She snickered.

"Macaroni and cheese, I ate it nearly every day as a child." replied Hermione, taking a big bite herself.

"Oh." He didn't sound satisfied.

"Try it!" urged Hermione. Olivia stopped eating and stared at him.

"Try it!" parroted Olivia, her brown eyes staring Draco down. Tentatively, he scooped up a decent bite. Hermione grew impatient as he inspected it.

"Dammit Draco, just eat it." snapped Hermione.

"Dammit Draco!" repeated Olivia loudly. Food forgotten, the new parents turned to face the young girl who was innocently smiling. A blush rose on Hermione's cheeks as Draco shot her a glare. Olivia deviously caught on. "Dammit Draco! Dammit Draco! Dammit Draco!"

"Olivia!" gasped Hermione horrified. Olivia merely smirked.

"Liv, if I eat this bite will you promise not to say that naughty word?" pleaded Draco. Olivia cocked her head to the side, a habit of her's Hermione noticed, and nodded. Draco reluctantly shoved the forkload into his mouth. They watched in anticipation as he chewed it. He reopened his eyes.

"That's blo- brilliant!" gasped Draco excitedly. He finished his own meal before the others. When it was over, it was nearing six o'clock. Hermione decided that she would give Olivia a brownie for dinner. Draco had other ideas. While Hermione took a fast shower, he made her a sundae just like Hermione had made for him. When the young witch walked into the living room, both Draco and Olivia were eating sundaes watching a cartoon.

"Hi honey!" chirped Draco, through a mouthful of fudge. Olivia waved, her cheeks shining with happiness. Hermione was immediately affected by their cuteness. Instead of reprimanding them, she sat down beside Draco, took a big bite of his ice cream and said:

"What are we watching?"