8.blizzard

It was snowing. Like normal, for December. Draco and Hermione were in their blissful honeymoon stage, much to everyone's chagrin. Ron hadn't spoken to Hermione in two weeks. It pained Hermione to remember that night.

Flashback

Hermione walked into the Great Hall, blissfully happy. Her hand was intertwined with Draco's. It felt as if the entire hall looked up at them. However, the new couple was distracted by a ginger stalking toward them.

"You fucking traitor." snarled Ron, his fists clenched. Hermione felt the hurt.

"Ron-" started Hermione.

"No! How long have you been sleeping with him, huh?" shouted Ron. Tears stung Hermione's eyes, but her anger grew.

"Oh sod off!" retorted Hermione. "You're just jealous! That's it Ron! You're always jealous!"

The redheads face turned purple.

"You are a whore." spat Ron, little droplets of spit flying.

"Watch it Weasel." snarled Draco menacingly. Harry appeared behind Ron.

"Ron, let's go. Come on."

Ginny flitted behind. "I'll talk to them Mione."

End of flashback

She did. She pleaded with both her brother and her boyfriend. Harry came around, after about a week. Hermione was frustrated with his stubbornness, but thought it better to just forgive and forget. Draco and Harry were on tentative ground, but arguments were few.

"Hermione? A uh, town meeting is being called." shouted Draco. The young witch stood up. She pulled on her snow boots, scarf, and coat. Draco was waiting, dressed warmly also. She pulled on her gloves and clasped hands with Draco. They walked down the street, where the other pairs were also walking. The entire class had gathered in the square. Tori stood on the platform, as per usual.

"Hello!" shouted Tori. "You are here because of your next challenge!"

The group glanced around.

"As you have noticed, it's snowing. This is an emergency challenge, as I'm calling it. It is Friday. The stores are closed, because of the storm. It's going to pick up severely, so it's your job to find means without magic."

Someone raised their hand. "So we're not going have food or anything?"

"You should be at least slightly prepared, if not that's not good life skills." reprimanded Tori easily.

"You will be relieved on Sunday. Now, go home. Don't bother going to Hogwarts or to the stores. Good luck."

"So pretty much our next challenge is to light a candle or two and eat some snacks and hot coco?" asked Draco in disbelief. Hermione shook her head.

"No, I've been in bad blizzards before. I'm sure you haven't. It can get really bad, because the heat shuts off and we can't use magic. Then the stove is shut off and stuff. It's not as fun as it sounds."

Draco frowned unhappily. He looked up at the sky, which was extremely dark and stormy looking. The snow was falling quicker already.

"Come on, let's go use what's left of the electricity." suggested Hermione. Draco wrapped his arms around her waist, and placed his chin on her shoulder.

"I can think of some things we can do to warm up." whispered Draco huskily. Hermione felt a shiver run down her spine, and a smile breaking on her face.

"Come on." giggled Hermione, pulling on his hand.

They spent the rest of the evening getting out flashlights, matches, lighters, and candles. Hermione cooked some food and put it in bins.

"It's a trick my mum taught me. You put your food that is perishable into the snow, and it remains frozen." explained Hermione. The got blankets and set them on the floor. Finally, the clock rang midnight so they decided to go to bed. Hermione laid down, Draco beside her. He held her close as they drifted off.

The snow fell even heavier that night, gaining about four inches to the already present four inches. Hermione woke up hazily. She blinked a few times, staring at the clock. It read eleven o'clock.

"Holy!" gasped Hermione, jumping up. She smelled bacon and eggs wafting in. Curiosity peaked, so she wandered into the kitchen. Draco stood, shirtless having just gotten out of the shower, cooking and whistling.

"How come you didn't wake me?"

"You were so peaceful. Look love, it looks like the storm is letting up." said Draco, gesturing outside.

"Wow, maybe it won't be that bad." breathed Hermione, taking a sip of hot coco. "I have an idea! Let's visit Harry and Ginny!"

Draco's brows furrowed. "Are you nuts?"

Hermione giggled. "No. Come on, it will be fun! I just have to put on warmer clothes!"

Draco reluctantly followed his girlfriend down the streets that were snow filled. The sky was light and the atmosphere was picturesque. Hermione loved the snow, so much! She couldn't keep the smile off her face as she walked up the Potter's driveway.

"Mione!" greeted Harry happily.

"We popped in for a visit, hope you don't mind." blushed Hermione. Harry shook his head and opened the door wider, inviting them in. The pair played Muggle board games with Ginny and Harry, until about two o'clock.

"Merlin." gasped Ginny, standing up and going over to the bay window in the main living room. The sky was nearly black, and the snow was creating a white out.

"Draco, we have to get home. I guess the worst had yet to come." murmured Hermione worriedly.

"Hermione, stay safe okay?" said Harry, hugging his best friend tightly. Draco and her walked outside, immediately covered in snow. As quick as they can they ran up Skid Row and into their building. Hermione shivered as she walked into their living room.

"It had too have been snowing like that since we got to the Potters." mumbled Draco, shaking snow out of his white blonde hair. Hermione walked into the bedroom and pulled out a pair of comfortable pajama pants and a sweatshirt.

"Wow." breathed Hermione, coming up behind Draco. If she didn't know that it was only 2:30 pm, she would have thought it 8:00 pm. It was pitch black and the snow was heavy. It sent a shiver down her spine.

"Let's watch the telly." suggested Hermione. Draco shrugged, collapsing onto the couch. Hermione fell into his arms. She clicked on the television.

"Oh! Yay! The Notebook!" squealed Hermione, turning up the volume. It was the beginning, where Ally and Noah were lying on the street beneath the streetlight. Hermione's mouth moved as they spoke. She had seen the movie a million times and it was her favorite.

"Hermione, dear, you are insane." laughed Draco as the movie played. Time flew by, and soon it was four o'clock. The storm had somehow worsened. Draco stood up and went to the bathroom. He flicked on the light.

"Aw shit." groaned Draco. The power had just gone out.

"Draco?" shouted Hermione nervously.

"I'm coming." shouted Draco.