Chapter Twenty Six.

Chapter Twenty-Seven

“Don’t be a prat Ryan.” I moaned. “Just tell me.”

“No need to be mean.” He pouted trying to look cute.

“Dude, I just want to hear some bloody names.” I rolled my eyes at him. He had refused to tell me for the past twenty four hours, until we got the results from the test. We had talked to Mr Harrison last night, and he told me that he would be happy to allow me back as a teaching assistant next year as long as Mr Vinten agreed and I passed a CRB check at the end of the summer.

We had also just found out that we were infact having a baby, and so I would only be working at the school until the baby is born. Ryan called the school to tell Mr Harrison the result of the test and to say that he wouldn’t be coming in for the rest of the day, because I needed moral support, and as my counsellor it was his job, as well as him not wanting to disrupt my sister and friends from there work by dragging them out of school.

And that’s how we found ourselves sitting on a bench outside Sainsbury’s eating Ben and Jerry’s and arguing because he wouldn’t tell me any names.

“Please Ry.” I looked up at him through my lashes.

“Fine alright.” He rolled his eyes and laughed at me, as he pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket. I looked over his shoulder and saw two lists of names.

Girls-

Faye Olivia King

Olivia Ruby King

Florence Emma King

Amelia Rose King

Elena Faith King

Aurora Dakota King

Aria Bailey King

Violet Abigail King

Zara Allison King

Ariana Jade King?

Boys-

Tomas Finley King

Noah Benjamin King

Damien Joshua King

Jesse Daniel King

Aiden Henry King

Alexander Marco King

Zachary Sirius King?

“Babe, why do the bottom ones have question marks next to them?”  I asked confused, they seemed like the nicest names on the lists.

“That would be because they are my favourites.” He grinned at me. Only he would use that logic. “Of course, this is a little girl, so she’s going to be called Ariana.”

“She? This is a little boy.”

“How do you know?” He laughed.

“Mothers intuition, I keep seeing a mini you.” I smiled at him.

“Whatever you say.” He scoffed. “Let’s go in and buy some baby stuff.” He grinned excitedly at me.

“Ryan, we don’t know if it’s a boy or girl yet. How about we go and look at places to live. My dad said that he would get me a house and a car when I graduate, so we don’t have to worry about paying for it.”

“That’s a better idea. But what will I do about the flat then?”

“Keep it, rent it out. It can be our escape until the baby comes anyway. We can live there together while we do the house up, because I want to make it ours, not have it the same as the people before us.”