Desire of the Heart (A student/teacher romance)

Chapter One-

As I walked into school, ready to start my final year, with two of my best friends flanking me on either side, we were bombarded with hugs and greetings. It was so nice to see everyone again after six weeks apart, and everyone had changed so much, it was quite strange. It took a while but we made our way to the front of the crowd to the notice board listing dorm assignments. Tess and I were sharing together thankfully. Freddie was sharing a room with the twins, Dylan and Harvey, and although I knew he was glad about that, he sighed and made a big deal out of having to rush up there, even though he’ll get the worst bed.

I don’t really know why he rushes every year, the twins always get to school a day before us. We laughed as he ran as fast as he could upstairs, and we trailed behind him trying to find our room.

When we got to the top floor we headed to the West Wing, where the girls dormitories are. One of the best things about this school is that they decorate it on your request, almost always using the furniture that you used last year.

 “Wow, Moll this is the best yet!” Tess gasped from beside me. She said the same thing every year, but this time I couldn’t agree more. Our clothes had been neatly slowed away in our closets, we had a lounge area with bean bags, a sofa, armchairs and a love seat, all in different shades and hues of blue. Our beds were already made, piled high with decorative pillows, and blankets and it looked so soft. We had a small elegant crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling casting little rainbows around the room. Every dorm had a window seat and a balcony and ours were framed with soft, delicate, floaty blue and white curtains. Our bathroom had white wood panelled walls, sandy wooden floor and gave off the aura of an American beach house. I felt like I was back at home in Cali, and not in dreary old England.

After we had finished exploring every corner of our dorm we headed to the common room to find the boys. We headed over to where they were lounging in front of the fireplace. Dylan and Harvey were talking about the girls they had met while they were in the Azores, and it seemed like a load of rubbish. I could see Tess’s pale blonde hair bouncing on her shoulders as she giggled. Tess was like a human Barbie, definitely the prettiest person I knew. She had a perfect figure, she was amazingly clever, her dad was an oil baron so she was richer than most, and she got whatever she wanted. Yet somehow she wasn’t bitchy about it. She did want her parents money, she wanted to earn her own by helping people. It’s a shame our school isn’t full of people like her.

“Ok, you lot are definitely lying.” I laughed as we jumped on the twins giving them the biggest hugs.

After pigging out on dinner in the school canteen, which do the best food I’ve ever tasted, and changing into something more suitable for going out in we were ready. Tess had tied up her wavy hair into a ponytail with a quiff, and pulled on a stunning cream lace dress, a black cardigan, and gorgeous black heels. I had changed into a blue silk baby doll dress, with a white jacket, white heels and a blue quilted clutch purse so I didn’t have to put my phone in my bra.

We found the boys waiting for us at the main entrance, and smiled approvingly of what they were wearing. Harvey was wearing chinos, an A&F polo, and converse low tops. Dylan was in dark jeans, a white shirt and converse high tops, and Freddie had on a Hollister tee, grey skinnies and the nike high tops Tess and I had helped to pick out.

We climbed into the waiting cab, and were surprised to find that we were going to a pub, Tess and I thought that we were going clubbing.  “Guys! Why are we here?” Tess moaned.

“Tess how can you forget that it’s the first match of the premier league, Man U and Chelsea!” Freddie reminded her. Everyone knows that Tess would never miss a Chelsea game, and I wouldn’t go out on my own so I have no choice but to follow.

“Sorry babe, but I can’t miss this match!” She smiled apologetically at me. We followed Dylan inside, grabbing a booth in the corner by the TV. I let them get comfy as I got up to get the first round. The bar tender knew us well enough not to ask for ID, even though we weren’t 18 yet.

As I approached the bar on my own I began to wish I hadn’t volunteered. There were loads of guys crowded around it, yelling for pints of beer whilst watching the match. I squeezed into the biggest gap I could find, which turned out was between a 50 something man and a young guy that looked about 22. The older guy squeezed my bum and I glared at him. “Are you some kind of sick pervert?” I yelled, disgusted at his behaviour. The younger one laugher at his expression and tapped me on the shoulder. “Don’t mind Rob, he’s harmless really, just looking for some fun.”  I raised my eyebrow, and went back to trying to get Ricky the bartender’s attention. “Want a drink cutie?” The guy smiled at me again.

“Thanks.” I smiled, checking him out this time. He was actually really hot, he had dark hair that he had tried to spike up, his eyes were the brightest blue I had ever seen, with flecks of grey in them. He was really muscular, I could see his abs through his tight white v neck t-shirt. Over that he had a red and blue lumberjack shirt, and on his legs were some expensive looking jeans. “Three stella’s, one white wine and one rosé.”

“Someone’s thirsty.” He laughed, successfully getting Ricky’s attention.

“Its for my friends, well the rosé is for me.” I smiled gratefully at him.

“Of course yank.” His smirk grew wide as I grimanced. “Sorry sturck a nerve there did i?” He asked cockily. I stuck my tongue out, grabbed my drinks and went over to the booth to give my friends the drinks. As I was on my way over I heard him yell “Meet me by the back door yank.” I couldn’t help but laugh at him. He wouldn’t learn.

“Hey guys, I just met someone so text me when we’re leaving and I’ll meet you outside.” I directed at Tess, but I saw Freddie’s face darken a bit.

“See you when the match is over then Moll.” Was her reply.

“Don’t get too drunk guys, school tomorrow.” I warned them. Before turning away towards the back door.

It didn’t take to long to find him, he was leaning against the door frame, unashamedly watching me walk over. He gently took my hand in his and led me out into the empty beer garden. Someone had strung fairy lights around the garden and it illuminated our faces making him look angelic.