PROLOGUE

Bella was on her way to Derek’s condo as they have a scheduled dinner date with his parents. She was happily singing along with her playlist as she drove her BMW Z4 Roadster. She and Derek were together for two years now and she was expecting that he will soon be asking her the ultimate question after all she is getting tired of being in the limelight. Besides she’s been the top ramp and commercial model in the Philippines since she was fifteen years old and it is about time  to   crave for a quiet time and a family of her own.

She was whistling with the tune when she parked her car at the underground parking lot of her beau’s condo. She happily hopped off the car and walked towards the elevator. The condo’s guard greeted her with a smile on his face.

“Ms. Bella, good afternoon.” The guard told her as she pushed the button of the elevator. Bella smiled at him and nodded her head.

“Good Afternoon, Manong.” She told him and entered the lift.  She was waiting for her floor when a handsome man entered the lift. He smiled at her and bowed his head. She smiled back and ignored him. “He looks familiar? Did I meet him before?” She asked herself as she continued to wait for her floor to arrive. The stranger held on the open button as she went out of the lift. She mouthed her thanks to him and smiled. They guy sweetly smiled at her and waved her goodbye.

“He seems to be a nice guy.” She whispered to herself and approached her boyfriend’s doorsteps.

She then pulled out her own set of keys of the condo from her purse and entered it.

“Honey, are you there?” She sweetly shouted as she entered the condo’s living room. No answer, she shouted again but still there was no answer. She moved towards the stairs and climbed it. She turned left and knocked at his bedroom.

“He must be having his shower.” She whispered to herself as she continued to knock on the door. She was about to turn the knob when someone opened it.

She was shocked as she saw a beautiful woman with very fair complexion, with red lipstick and a wavy hair standing before her.

“Ahhh.” Bella uttered but no words left her mouth as a series of questions jumbled in her brain. The beautiful woman looked at her from head to toe and arc her eyebrows, up.

“So you must be the Bella Geronimo my husband is going gaga with.” The woman told her with a annoying smirk in her face.

“Excuse me? Husband?” She asked the woman with a confuse tone in her voice.

The woman eyed her pointedly and gave her a sarcastic grin. “Mrs. Anne Curtis Anderson, your boyfriend’s secret wife, his family dumped in Europe, but I am here now and we decided to revive our long lost marriage.” Anne Anderson sarcastically told her and offered her hand for a handshake. Bella eyed her questioningly as she tried her best to control the tears and the anger seething inside her.

“Surprised at my revelations, Ms. Geronimo? Why don’t you wait for Derek and ask him yourself. He just bought something in the supermarket, I am sure he will be here in a jiffy.” Anne told her and went out of the bedroom.

“Why don’t we just know each other better and have a drink downstairs as we wait for my ever faithful and loyal husband.” She added as she led her downstairs and into the living room.

“Wine, whisky or tequila?” Anne asked her as she circled the bar at the center of the living room. Bella stood before her and shook her head.

“No need for warm formalities, Mrs. Anderson. I’ll rather go.” She numbly told her and walked towards the front door.

She was stunned when she saw Derek standing at the doorstep as she opened the door. Derek was surprised when he saw her and dropped the plastic bag he was holding. She looked at him directly in his eyes and slapped him hard with her trembling hands.

“Bella, wait let me explain myself. Please.” Derek pleaded as he stopped her from getting out. Bella ignored his pleas and went out of the condo without looking back as tears started to flow from her eyes.

“Bella please, listen to me first.” Derek shouted at her back as she entered the lift and closed it. “No need for explanation, Derek. It is clear to me.” She whispered to herself as she let out the tears she was holding up in her eyes.

_____________________________________________________________________________