CHAPTER ONE

Headline News

Top Ramp and Commercial Model announced her retirement from the Fashion Industry. After years of being the in demand ramp and commercial model here in the Philippines, Bella Geronimo paved goodbye to the industry she loved most. The retirement was brought about by the scandal she was involved with weeks ago, her long time boyfriend and Modeling and Advertising Tycoon Derek R. Anderson’s secret wife revealed herself after living in Europe for years.

Anne Curtis Anderson a former Model/Actress-Entrepreneur married Derek Anderson when they were in their second year at Harvard University in Cambridge Massachusetts USA but because of the latter’s name and legacy his family decided to keep the marriage under the radar as he was set to be the next in line to handle the Family Business, after finishing his degree. According to Curtis-Anderson his family threw her in Europe after they graduated in Harvard. The family gave her a small fortune which helped her build up her own clothing line in Paris France while her husband was proclaimed as the new CEO and Chairman of their Modeling and Advertising Agency “Anderson and Anderson Modeling and Advertising Company”, the top modeling and advertising company in the Philippines and Asia. 

Anne Anderson told the press that even after years of living seperately, she and his husband are still in a loving relationship in fact her husband regularly visited her in France. It was just  recently, when suddenly her husband stopped calling her regularly and was rarely visiting her that she started to doubt if he has another woman in the Philippines but her husband denied it and she chose to believe him until months ago, she was stunned when a common friend of her and his husband told her that Derek is planning to file for a divorce and was about to ask his current girlfriend for marriage.

“I was stunned and was not able to believe what my friend was telling me. All along I thought that our marriage is stable and strong.” Anne Anderson told the press during her solo press conference at the Edsa Shangri-La Hotel in Ortigas last Tuesday.

“I called this press conference to announced that Derek and I agreed on reviving our marriage and will leave for Paris France next month. He decided to relinquish his position as CEO and Chairman of A&A to his cousin Edward Anderson as he wanted to work and concentrate on our marriage and future family. I also want to clarify that his relationship with Bella Geronimo was over and we are not divorcing because of her.” Anne Cutis Anderson added as she concluded her solo Press Conference last Tuesday.

Derek Anderson did not issue any statement regarding this controversy and as of press time this writer was informed that the CEO and Chairmanship of A&A was already turned over to his cousin, Edward Anderson, an equally known business tycoon and sought after bachelor in the Philippines and Asia.

Edward Anderson was said to be the next big thing in the Fashion and Advertising Industry and was set to conquer any woman’s heart.

In the meantime, after Curtis Anderson press con, Bella Geronimo’s manager informed the press that her talent and friend decided to bid farewell to her career and opted to live a quite life after all the scandal and controversy that happened in the past weeks. Geronimo’s manager also declined to further expound on the real score between her talent and Derek Anderson and requested the press to respect the privacy of her talent.

As of press time Bella Geronimo still remained mum regarding the scandal that clouded her career and name. Some sources say that she decided to go back at her roots and live a quiet life somewhere in South of Manila.

Bella read the three year old article from the nth time. Three years of living her life away from the industry she learned to love and cherish. The pain from the past is still haunting her. She is now living a simple life somewhere in Tagaytay and is now managing and operating her small coffee and pastry shop in Southgate Alabang. Her customers, regular or not still recognized her and their judgmental stares still haunts her but after years of being judged as a home wrecker and mistress, she became numb and elusive with their judgments. Luckily her business is doing great and because of hard work and perseverance her shop earned a name because of her delectable creations.

A year after her retirement from the fashion scene, she decided to study and took up culinary arts. Right after graduation she started to whipped up original pastry recipes and sold it on line. Her online business created a stir which helped her build her small coffee and pastry shop and now after six months of operations, her business is slowly rising up and having its own name. She is contented with the quiet life she is now living but the pain of the past scarred her so much that she decided to guard her heart to anyone who came close.

Her friend and business partner, Jake Cuenca constantly nagged her to come back to the fashion scene but she declined. He also encourages her to open her heart and date again but she constantly ignored his encouragement and pleas.

One Sunday morning, she was hunched over doing inventory at her small office at the back of her shop when her savior and friend, Jake, entered the room.

“Have you heard that your former modeling agency is looking for a VP- for Casting and Promotions?” Jake excitedly asked her as he showed her the advertising announcement in the Sunday’s paper. Bella looked at him, blankly and gave him a questioning eye.

“And what does that have to do with me?” She sarcastically questioned him. Jake sat at the chair across her table and gave her a knowing smile.

“I think the position is perfect for you. Come to think of it you were once on the top of the league during your heydays and it is but proper for the agency to hire you for that position as you have the eye to cast new and upcoming models.  You have the experience and the knowledge for it, Bella.” Jake explained to her as he eyes her one more time.

“You know what Jakey, I thought you are a friend and you know me but I guessed I was wrong.” She told him with a frustrated look in her face.

“C’mon, Bella I know deep inside you miss the industry you’ve love so much, and this position will ease the sadness inside you. Plus the company is run by another Anderson and not by your awful ex. I’ve heard that this Anderson is a well respected young bachelor and is known for his good image, contrary to popular beliefs, according to my insiders, he is not the typical ladies man but a guy who takes relationships and romance, seriously. So there is nothing to be afraid of, Bella why don’t you dial your personal contacts and inquire about the position.” Jake continued to convince her.

“Jakey, how many times do I have to tell you that I am okay and contented with my life right now, plus the business is growing, I don’t have the time for a regular position in any companies. And I knew about Edward Anderson, I’ve live half of my life in their company for me not to know him or at least briefed about him. People must perceive him as the serious type but believe me Jakey, he is just the same as his cousin, a typical ladies man who will play with any woman’s heart their well equip pockets and ego fancied. So please stop convincing me and leave my quite life alone.” Bella sarcastically told her friend.

Jake smirked at her and shrugged his shoulders. “Bella, continue lying to yourself and I am sure it would do you no good. I know how much you miss the glitz and glamour of the industry you left and I know you wanted to reestablish your legacy in that world. Here is your chance why lose it because of your damn pride and hurt ego.” Jake relented and eyed her.

“Plus the scandal between you and Derek was long forgotten and it doesn’t mean that you fell in love with the wrong guy that the world and the people already perceived you as the bad woman. You just fell in love and was lied to. It wasn’t your fault, Bella.” Jake added, stood up and left her office.

Bella ignored her friend’s declaration and continued with her inventory. After a while she paused and reflected on what Jake told her. Deep inside her, she knows that she still craves for the industry she turned her back to because of one damn move of falling head over heels in love with someone she thought would be perfect for her.

“It was three years ago, and Jake was right, people might had forgotten the scandal her name was once involved with. Because of hurt, pride and fear she turned her back from the industry she once loved and respected without even explaining or defending herself.” She thought to herself.

“Is it the right time to redeem my name and re-establish the legacy I earned, from the industry that gave me fame and loved me?” She asked herself as she looked out of the window overlooking the busy district of South Gate, Alabang.

-End of Chapter-